“Affordable & Animal friendly”

Seascape Inn at Plaice Cove
Ranked #27 of 41 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Friendly staff, just across the street from the ocean and dogs are tolerated. Guest BBQ and picnic table are an added bonus for at motel dining. I was told that other motels were more happening and in the heart of things but I welcomed peace and quiet.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 December 2012

I have stayed in several different rooms in this motel in the winter time. The location is good, the beach is right across the road. If you want a chill experience that is good, however if you go 6 miles down the road there is alot more going on- more restaurants, bars and things to do, all along the beach.
The rooms are all owned by different people, so some are different from others. In my experience, room 3 (which is the model room) seems the most updated. The bed is a fold out couch, but its not the worst fold-out I've ever slept on.
Otherwise, they are in bad need of renovation. The showers are extremely small. The hardware is rusty & falling apart & the walls are stained. Otherwise the bathrooms are acceptable, besides being old.
The sheets may or may not be clean, but I have found hairs and crumbs under them. The blanket smelled like a dog in one room, but not all of them...which I guess is to be expected in a pet-friendly motel.
I requested my sheets to be changed (I stayed a week at a time) and I had to ask several times before it happened.
One time I opened the bedside table and found someones toenail clippings inside...no joke. They just dont clean thoroughly enough for my taste.
The airconditioning is wall units. Some are better than others. Since it was cold I used the heat, not the air...I either had the heat on & was sweltering, or the heat off and I was freezing.
The staff is a mixed bag. Julie is who I interacted with the most. She is nice & personable. I think her sisters name is Kelly. She isn't as friendly, but I definitely wouldn't say she's rude.

I'm not used to staying in motels, I usually stay in hotels, so I'm not sure how this compares to other motels, but if I had my druthers and was picking a place to stay on vacation, I probably wouldn't choose this place.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2012

We just visited Seascape Inn the weekend of September 8th, 2012 and here is my detailed and honest review:
Firstly, the "bad": and really the only reasons I gave it a 4-start review
* its expensive for what it is
* bathroom was TINY, my husband a big guy of 6'4 couldn't properly turn around in there without hitting something

Now to what was Good ad really impressed us:
* Firstly, amazing service from very beginning of my correspondence (emails back and forth) till the very last second on the premises. They do go above and beyond to make your stay pleasant.
* They allow to leave the dog in the room, while you are gone, not many places that accept pets woud even allow that. We would have not been able to attend the Seafood festival if we had to drag Sparky all over the place in a hot car, it just would not happen.
* They accomodate your visitors: we had my husband's brother come to visit us and we wanted to leave their car there, they allowed us to do so even though they did not have to, as his brother wasn't a guest at the hotel.

To summarize: this is a no-frills place. Don't expect the luxury, and you won't be disappointed. We stayed in room #8: The bed was fine, the room was clean, did not see any critters or fleas or anything... Our AC worked great and was one of the quietest I have ever had in hotels, seriously! I was imressed that when we walked in first -there was absolutely no smell of old/smoke/other... it smelled clean and fresh, but not chemically refreshed. The windows were wide open, there was a nice breeze and we instantly felt relaxed.
Check-In and Check-Out was a breeze, great service by the staff.. A very pleasant experience, albeit a little on the expensive side. We will be back!!! :)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennie V
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Just a very nice place. Comfortable, clean room - bathroom a little tight (just a shower) but still quite adequate. The awning came in handy in the rain :-) would stay there again. Nice location on the north side of Hampton all rooms have the same view - although perhaps upper rooms can see better...

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Here's the thing about the Seascape Inn: it's a simple, slightly worn motel and the rooms are very small. However, they are clean and the claims of bedbugs are ludicrous. The water was hot, the air conditioning worked, the owner and our dog-owning neighbor were very helpful and the location was fantastic. Even the large group of enthusiastic French-Canadian surfers were relatively quiet. If the beach is your thing, it's a good place to stay and let me reiterate: it is the ONLY dog-friendly place in the area and that made a difference to us.

• Stayed: August 2012