All reviews bottle opener microwave and mini fridge can't beat the price room was clean flat screen staff was friendly shower bed motel heck bucks wifi accommodations hike
Reviewed 15 May 2018

I liked it. Quite old-school and a little odd, but a great deal. I was there in early May, and only paid 55 bucks plus tax. Good bed, TV, wifi. Clean room and bathroom. Friendly staff. The Inn is pretty close to the road and the associated noise. Maybe ask for a room further from the road.

Next time I need a room in Gorham, will return to this place.

Room Tip: Get a room further from, not nearer to, the street
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank irhunter
Reviewed 26 November 2017

I thought the staff was friendly. Both the man and the woman answered all my questions and gave me tips for eating in this small town. Although there was no breakfast they did have coffee and small snacks for free. The room was much less inviting. It was in great need of repairs and updating. The bath was very small and really in poor condition. the bedding sort of creepy.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SanDiego333
Reviewed 11 October 2017

First, the manager is the rudest person I have EVER encountered at a motel stay. He basically makes EXCUSES for things not working or bad designs. For example, the bathroom only had 1 light...located above the bathtub...no light above the sink. "I didn't design the place". Yeah, and you haven't heard of "r-e-m-o-d-e-l-i-n-g" either huh? One electrical outlets didn't work at all so he compensated for that with a multi-plug extension cord. Then, one of the few lights in the room didn't work so he did bring in a replacement table lamp. Poor shower head. There were a few good things but not close to offsetting the bad points. I would NEVER stay there again! If an owner/manager doesn't want to keep a place up, sell the damn property! 'nuff said!

Room Tip: Don't choose a room and go somewhere else
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Thomas B
Reviewed 7 October 2017

Their housekeeping obviously does the bare minimum. When i pulled the shower curtain back there was a dirty facecloth on the side of the tub. Only 1 other facecloth in the room. Th dust lay thick along baseboards and behind chairs etc. Bathtub and around sink taps just plain dirty. Microwave had food in it. Fridge was not plugged in. The "fitted" sheet on the bed came off at the corners. Had to get up at 3:00 AM to remake the bed. Tried to take a shower and got scalded. Despite regulating the water to tepid, when you diverted to the shower head, the water came out scalding hot. When I tried to discuss this with the "general manager", he shifted the blame to staff saying "I didn't make the bed". We will be back to Gorham, but not to this place

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank valbourque
Reviewed 16 August 2017

We came to hike so after a day on a strenuous trail, the room at the Northern Peak Motor Inn seemed luxurious. There was a microwave and mini-fridge in the room, the shower worked, there is free coffee in the morning, the office staff was always friendly and helpful, and you can't beat the price. The TV was flat-screen, updated. The other furniture in the room is older and dated, but the bed was comfortable and we had everything we needed. If you are looking for high-end accommodations, these are not it, but we enjoyed our stay because we were looking for accommodations, not an experience. By the way, there was a sign that if you smoke in the room, you get charged $25 for cleaning. This in spite of the fact that the outside chairs had an ash receptacle in front of each unit!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple