“Super food - nice staff!”
Review of Taipei-Osaka

Taipei-Osaka
Ranked #17 of 23 Restaurants in Gilford
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 13 October 2015

More of a casual dining experience. It was located in a strip mall, so we had no idea what to expect!

Staff: Our waitress was funny and knew her stuff - she was very attentive, and family friendly!

Food: They have an entire section of "Healthy eating" - I got this = FRESH vegetables, cooked to perfection (not at all mushy!) And it was very tasty, with a superb selection of vegetables (Bok Choy, Broccoli, Water Chestnuts, Carrots, Mushrooms, etc etc). Other family members got Udon - nicely cooked noodles/soup combo that was also very tasty! Also, they had Sapporo Japanese beer - that was nice! And my wife had the Saki - it had very good flavor initially, and an even better aftertaste!

Prices: Fantastic (really!) You can easily feed the whole family on a budget!

So for a casual dining experience, check this place out for sure!

Reviewed 7 October 2015

This restaurant offers Chinese, Korean and Japanese food. We love Korean barbequed meat, so thought we would pick some up to take home. Big mistake...the Kalbe short ribs were old, tough and tasteless, and at $14 per serving, real rip off. It came with steamed rice and was served on top of raw sliced onions, which I had to cook at home to make at all edible. No other vegetables, which would have been nice. We had ordered 3 plates of the short ribs, but they only had 2 servings left, so we ordered the Korean pork dish, which turned out to be a marginally better choice. It was basically stir fried pork, and it had a lot of red pepper flakes in it. Again, no vegetables except raw onions. But at least the pork didn't taste old and the sauce was more flavorful. Since I had specifically mentioned that we couldn't eat spicy food to the man that we ordered from, the pepper sauce was not a good thing for us. I should have been wary of a restaurant that served 3 very different ethnic foods and I should have done my research on line before we tried it. I would never go back or recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed 27 September 2015

We wanted takeout chinese delivered. We got it, it was very average, not bad, nothing great either. But fresh hot veggies on vacation is sometimes so refreshing after all the heavy pub food stuff.

Reviewed 27 July 2015

I've never walked out of a restaurant, on this day I did. 4 of us walked into the restaurant around 8 pm, so it was not prime dinner time and it was fairly empty. There were 4 of us and we sat ourselves at a table for 6 to give us a little more room. We were told by the waiter in a not so pleasant tone we couldn't sit there, it was only for 6 people. OK, we didn't argue and quickly moved to a smaller table

I had ordered light, a cup of soup and an order of steamed dumplings. I asked the waiter to bring the items together as I like to eat them all at once. He agreed.

A couple of minutes later I get the soup, nothing else. I mention I asked for everything all at once. He said in a sarcastic tone "it's soup!" I reiterated I like my meal all at once. He again argued, hesitant to take it back. I more forcefully but not rudely told him I want everything together. He reluctantly took the soup back, scowling as he passed. I joked with my dinner-mates that he'll probably spit in my soup.

A moment later he passes our table and hisses at me and says something derogatory as he passes. I couldn't quite make it out, but it was very evident it wasn't a pleasantry. Now upset, I say to him in a loud inquisitive tone "WHAT DID YOU jUST SAY?" He makes a disparaging sound and continues on his way by us.

Now my friends and I are flabbergasted and almost in unity we say "Let's get out of here". With that we get up and leave our less than half drank drinks on the table and walk out, staring the waiter down as we leave.

I've eaten here before, the food is a tad above average, so I won't give it a 1 or zero star rating. But this waiter has to be either spoken to or dismissed, I've never been treated so rudely by a wait staff member in my life!

Reviewed 8 June 2015

after reading all the reviews I was a bit leery about going. we got there and there was just one table of five. waitstaff was just the owner. service could have been better, ie, as we finished and waited for our check he sat back towards us eating his dinner and watching tv, never glancing over at our table. but that was the only negative thing I could say about the restaurant. was going to order sushi but wife does not eat seafood. by the looks and the responds from the other table it looked and was good ( they ordered more to go)- made by owners wife. we ordered fried chicken wings-good. steamed peking ravioli-good. ginger chicken with string beans, could use more ginger but that is just because I like ginger, string beans still had crunch, dish was spicy and good. Mongolian beef was also spicy and good. over all don't always take other people's opinions as fact because when it comes to food we all have different taste.

Been to Taipei-Osaka? Share your experiences!