“Good breakfast, cooked fresh, gluten free options.”
Review of Kitchen Cravings

Kitchen Cravings
Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Gilford
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 26 September 2017

I ate breakfast here on a recernt weekend with my wife and didn't regret it. It was the second time I have been here, as I "discovered" this place over the winter with my son. There is a little wait, as can be expected on a weekend, and there is also a little longer wait for the food than most similar restaurants,but I did not mind the wait as it appeared everything was cooked to order with nice fresh ingredients. There were plenty of options for my wife, who has to eat gluten free, and she said the gluten free french toast was delicious. Would recommend this place if you want to eat good and are not in a rush. Decor is great, with old country items, and old local photos & articles...plenty of stuff to look around at while waiting for your meal.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Waited an hour for a table and once seated everything took too long from ordering to food service. Food served 1.25 hours after we were seated and quality was uneven at best. Over easy eggs came with hard dried out yolk, hash browns not cooked, food not hot. Amiable staff who offered earnest but unacceptable reasons for the he excessive delay. However, the restaurant lamely did offer any discount or credit for their embarrassingly poor service. Stay away on busy weekends.

1  Thank jonram2013
Reviewed 4 September 2017

After reading great reviews, we decided to go to kitchen cravings for breakfast. We arrived after 9 and were told there was a 50 minute wait. We then bought some of their baked goods to hold the kids over--which turned out to be the right move. Baked goods were delicious and we were excited to try breakfast. When we went back in to check our status, there were empty tables and a ton of people waiting so I thought that was a bit strange. The hostess said there were still many ahead so we continued to wait. When I came back closer to the time, she said she had a table--again there were some empty. We then sat and waited and waited. At first it was strange, waitresses walking around almost lost, never coming to the table. I got the attention of the hostess and she came by and asked what we wanted for drinks. We then waited another 5-10 minutes and nothing. She finally brings the drinks and says that a waitress will be by to take the order. Another 10 minutes, now the kids are hungry and we are frustrated. After about 20 minutes, I have to go up to the front desk and ask if we can put our order in. She tells me that the waitress will come to our table. After 5 minutes, we finally get a waitress that has walked right by our table 5 times! She takes our order and we then wait forever for the food. If we hadnt wasted the 50 min wait, we would have left.
While waiting for the food, I noticed other patrons looking irritated and waiting for service or food. Perhaps the kitchen could not keep up? If so, they should not be making so many people wait, it's crazy. The food finally came out 30-40 min later, 2 dishes first, then another, then another with mistakes. Food was ok, eggs were done well and so was omelette but pancakes tasted re-heated and French toast was flavorless. All that wait and it was so disappointing. We would have been better off grabbing some baked goods at the front counter and leaving. So frustrating and disappointing, will not be back.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped in Sunday morning for breakfast due to good reviews.. line out the door, waited about 20 minutes to sit. No big deal. Got seated and waited 15 minutes to see a waitress and get coffee, waited 15 more minutes to order and had to wait a little over an hour to get our food (bisquits and gravy & breakfast burrito)..during the long wait for food I had to ask twice to have someone refill our coffee which is a cardinal sin in a breakfast joint with "bottomless" coffee.

I will say the food was excellent with good portions but the experience was far from it. The waitresses were cool but completely overwhelmed/inattentive. The tables couldn't be set up in a more ineffective way if you tried to do it, with full family sized tables, scattered small tables and little "half moon" style tables jammed into the corners..and almost no walking room for both patrons and staff. The bathrooms were in very good condition but for some reason not labeled one way or the other, making it weird wondering which one to go in and hoping it's not the wrong one. It's set up like your in your grandmother's dining room, this place is dying for an overhaul/remodel.

3 stars bc the food was great but it shouldn't take 3 hours for two people to get breakfast, no matter how busy you are, but if you didn't go hungry at least you will be starving by the time your food comes out! Also, $32 for two breakfasts and coffee is a bit much as well, but it's touristy so it's to be expected.

A breakfast joint's bread and butter has gotta be keeping the coffee full and a quick service, neither of which happened. Too bad. There are plenty of other places to get breakfast in the area.

1  Thank beachbum393
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Heard about this delicious breakfast place from a local guy. Wonderful decor, welcoming environment, great customers and amazing food. Be prepared to wait for thirty minutes after you place your order. The food is fortunately worth the wait. Cost is slightly high. Worth checking it out!

Been to Kitchen Cravings? Share your experiences!