All reviews front desk lakes region bagels full kitchen recommend staying here free breakfast new hampshire hot items weirs beach white mountains a great stay excellent hotel minute drive indoor pool comfy bed rooms are large gunstock mountain
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Nice clean hotel in a great central location to Gunstock and surrounding trails. Came up here for our annual “leaf peeping” trip and decided to stay here for a change... glad we did! It was a special weekend for us as we got engaged and the hotel staff made it extra special by offering an upgrade our last night there as well as a nice bottle of champagne! Would definitely recommend staying here if in the area and will come back to stay with them again.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2018

We stayed two nights in early October, 2018. The hotel is outside Gilford/Laconia, just off Highway 3. There was noise from the road the first night so we asked to be moved to the other side of the hotel. The staff was very accommodating. Our luggage didn't arrive with us and the hotel staff kept a look out for it when we were out during the next day. Fortunately, there is a Walmart just up the road so we were able to purchase some essentials. The breakfast was fine with some hot items and cereal, bread, pastries. Having a full kitchen in the room was handy so we could store things in the refrigerator. The rooms are large. I'd stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from the road.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

We had such a nice reception by the staff here, and the room was, as usual, immaculate. We depend on this hotel whenever we need accommodations. Easy to access, and lots of parking, plus it's close to markets, the lake, entertainment venues, and wonderful skiing.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2018

I was attending a friend's wedding in Wolfeboro (around 45 minutes away) and had a last-second snafu with my reservation, so I ended up at the TownePlace Suite in Gilford. As I was falling asleep on the first night, I heard some noise near the kitchen. I assumed it was in the hallway and didn't give it a second thought. When I woke up in the morning and went to fill a water bottle, I noticed that I had had company during the night. I had some snacks on the counter, including a wrapped chocolate bar. In the morning, the chocolate was uncovered, with bites marks all around (and mice dropping all over the counter). I reported it to the front desk, and they were very apologetic. They said they'd send someone up while I was gone to look for/fill any holes. I didn't see any other signs of mice during my stay, but I did not keep any food on the counter after my discovery (or spend much time in the room, for that matter).

The front desk staff said they would buy me some award points to make up for the problem, but that only certain people had the authority to purchase points. Communication between staff wasn't great, as I had to follow up a couple times with different people to actually get the points.

If I hadn't had this experience, I would have rated the hotel very differently. Staff were very friendly, the hotel was clean (the mice, I'm sure, were due to the wooded location of the hotel...not a lack of cleaning). The rooms were spacious, the bed was comfortable, and breakfast was perfectly adequate.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
SamanthaC4154, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Laconia Gilford, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2018

Dear Kristy G,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the TownePlace Suites Laconia Gilford and providing your honest feedback via Trip Advisor.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent the rodent issue as well as the communication errors from occurring in the future.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Gilford.

Samantha
Front Office Manager/Sales & Events Coordinator
TownePlace Suites by Marriott
603-524-5533

Reviewed 1 September 2018

This is a great hotel if you happen to be in Gilford. There is not much around, so having a car is a huge help. Once you check in, check out the huge map of what to do in the area. My room was nice and had a nice kitchen and a very comfy bed.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business