“Pizza is so good”

Pizza Chef of Franklin
Ranked #10 of 18 Restaurants in Franklin
Cuisines: American, Italian
Reviewed 23 August 2016

My boyfriend and I go here just about every time we are visiting Webster Lake. Pizza is fantastic. We have joked about making special trips up just to go here for pizza. Cute little place to sit down and eat. But also speedy pick up in case you want to cruise down the road to the lake to eat. Great place!

Reviewed 23 June 2015

This restaurant is one of my regular places to eat for many reasons. Firstly, the staff is friendly with the customers and each other. It's easy to feel at home here in this casual environment with good food and good people around.

Reviewed 18 February 2015

The chicken tender salad is my favorite although I did share a calzone with a friend and was very happy with the taste.

1  Thank Myla E
Reviewed 29 October 2014

First of all, this is a hometown review of a place we go to often, not one that we travel to. This is one of those places that you would drive right by, not realizing the jewel within. It looks like any other pizza place you find driving around NH, but this captures some local flavor mixed in with some great pizza. They use a conveyor oven. We've been here about 7 times now, and it is our 'go-to' place in town. Crust, crispy. Sauce, well, when you bite into it you moan a little, it registers on some deep level. We order thin crust, and well done, and it is the closest we have found to Roman pizza. Not overly cheesy. I like that. I'll bet though, if you like it swimming in cheese, they can accommodate.

Price is about what you pay elsewhere, You order at a counter, get your drinks from a cooler, then sit where you like. They will bring the pizza to you when its done. Staff is jovial, and there is a TV usually with a sports station on. During the winter, they cater to snowmobilers... they have a separate ramp for them to tromp up with their boots on. It looks like they have too much room, but was chatting with a table-neighbor, and found out that they host the Lion's meetings there too, so plenty of room for a small group. Also, there appears to be a small game room off to the side for the kids, but who knows if people still play those.

They have beer, personally, I'd like some Non Alcoholic offerings, but there is the usual 20 oz soft drink.

Don't be looking for frou-frou, you won't find it. We looked at a neighbor's table who had ordered lasagna. The man watched me look at the lasagna quizzically, and then responded with a smile and a big "Thumbs up". The portion was enormous, and would satisfy almost anyone. Never tried the subs, but they have them too.

Other customers seem friendly wide range of ages come in. Lots of take out going on. If you are in the area, and want really great and consistent pizza, try this one out.

From conversing with other customers, I found out that this place used to be called Pizza Market, but that it closed down, and did not have good pizza, and a sketchy clientele.

Now, Pizza Chef has opened here. Pizza Chef, it turns out is kind of a chain it seems with many restaurants. We drove by the one in Andover, but never stopped in, "Hey", we thought, "We have one of those in Franklin". As it turns out there are about a dozen or so, but it is not a chain like a corporate chain. They are all owned by one family, or its members. The owner here is from the younger generation, but he has been well schooled in how to deliver on the food end.

A time or two ago, I got a baklava to go, very sweet and good, that was stale. I didn't realize it was stale until after I got it home. When I mentioned it on a return trip, he apologized that I had a bad experience, and refunded the cash on the spot! Then, he took me back and showed me the quantity of baklava that he sold, and that with that amount of turnover... to have a non-fresh one...was a rarity. Then, when the pizza was delivered to the table, he appeared with two VERY fresh baklava, "on the house". I wish all restaurant owners could realize what this means to a customer. It's not just the "free food" at all. He took the time to care, and make sure I had the best experience eating in his restaurant. He'll have me as a customer for the long haul.

1  Thank Richy624
Reviewed 14 October 2014

I would like to thank all our new and regular customers as we round out our first year of food service in the three rivers area of Franklin. We have welcomed with warm hearts and empty stomachs which we hope to have satisfied. Thank you and we welcome you upon your return.
For those how haven't tried us or found us we are located at the West Franklin side of town near Webster Lake and near the junctions of Route 11 and Route 3a. We would like to invite you to our family restaurant and to enjoy some of the freshest and fair food around. Don't forget this winter you can snowmobile to us during operating hours. Call ahead anytime 7:00 am to close for faster service and to schedule large party orders. Thank you again and can't wait to see you on the next visit. good day

1  Thank Akk406