“Excellence”

Hammersmith Sandwich Company
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: We are a small sandwich shop offering specialty sandwiches, salads, soups (seasonally) and hot and cold beverages.
Reviewed 10 August 2015

Excellent food, service and amazing staff! Best shop around with freshly made ingredients and pleasant atmosphere

Reviewed 19 May 2015

Everytime we eat there the food is awesome and the cooks are so friendly....it's a great place in Exeter. They have a few tables outside and it is such a nice relaxing place...if they aren't too bust they will bring your sandwiches outside if you are sitting.

Reviewed 28 March 2015

I was responsible for feeding our swim team at the New England Prep School Championships and I had to find a restaurant that would cater lunch on my budget for a group of thirty five athletes. The Hammersmith Sandwich Company was up to the task.

I order the sandwiches two days in advance and they were ready for pickup when expected. They were fresh and tasty and totally met my expectations and budget.

I would recommend this sandwich shop if you are in the area.

Reviewed 11 February 2015

I recently stopped at Hammersmith on a trip to Portland and if anything it was better than my last visit. I ordered their turkey pesto panini and a creamy cauliflower soup: brilliant. Their combination of flavors is creative and lightyears ahead of the dull offerings of other similar shops.

If you want a delicious lunch to remember, do yourself a favor and stop at Hammersmith. I can only imagine what the place would be like if they did dinner as well. I understand they also cater.

3  Thank aaronclark
Reviewed 6 December 2014

Very good homemade bread, but half a thin slice of turkey does NOT a sandwich make and what was there needed seasoning. Good cranberry, but the sandwich should be billed as a corn stuffing sandwich as that's all you can taste. The roast beef was plentiful, but the horseradish and blue cheese toppings were so bland they were totally lost. Prices are high, but decor is nice and intimate tables for two are available. Okay place for lunch, but only above average because of the bread. Quite disappointed after all the wonderful reviews.