“Not as pictured”

and 1 more site!
A Peace of Heaven Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 2 Errol B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 October 2016

This place is not as advertised, the odor that met us at the front door was terrible. The exterior was dirty and unkept and when looking in the windows it was full of clutter. I would recommend steering clear of this place.

Stayed: October 2016
5  Thank Michael R

Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

Found this place by accident.. Eva was a doll and I would definate make this a to go place rather than a oops like we found it. 5 stars for us.. thank you Eva for making what could have been a disaster a wonderful experience..

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emersonmichael
Reviewed 28 July 2015

Arriving to A Peace of Heaven, felt welcomed from the moment we drove in approaching the beautiful gardens around the house. The room was extremely clean and well kept. Appreciated having a separate entrance. The surroundings are beautiful and peaceful; took it all in sitting on a bench overlooking the back pond. Sonja is a wonderful host; her breakfasts are memorable as well as her stories! Felt like we were staying at one of favourite relatives. Loved the collection of hummingbird feeders on the back porch; an opportunity to relax and observe these magnificent birds. Would highly recommend this tranquil and friendly B&B.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BougieBFoodie
Reviewed 22 June 2015

We were in the area for my husbands mothers funeral. Sonja and Charlie were kindly and compassionate -- even shared a story or two about his mom with us. The place is beautifully landscaped with hummingbirds as a lovely bonus. The beds are super comfy. Rooms are nice and large and very clean. Breakfast was amazing!!!! Fresh fruit was delicious. Homemade blueberry muffin tops that were incredible! We then ordered our eggs and French toast and pancakes! Three of us had perfectly prepared poached eggs!!! Yummy French toast too! Theses two have it down pat! They are friendly and funny and made it look easy!!! It was a lovely step back to a more peaceful time.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Ladybug4JESUS
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I've hesitated to write this review because I wish to do so with tact and respect. I would not write it, but if feels an injustice to not warn other travelers as there are not many other options once you get there, and all the other reviews are glowing, so we had no idea what we were in for when we arrived. (Totally recommend the Errol Motel, which is where we ended up with luck on our side.) And perhaps if the owners read it, they might become aware of an issue that I think may be new since the previous reviewers stayed there. So here goes. Having traveled to more than fifty countries between the two of us and 34 together, my partner and I do our research before booking places. Thus, we booked this B and B on a family trip to introduce my mom and her sisters to the joy that is B and Bs. It had glowing Trip Advisor reviews, so it never even occurred to us to expect anything but "A Peace of Heaven."

I walked in first and was hit by two things: 1. the worst odor I have ever encountered in my life and 2. a dark, cluttered, very lived-in living room. It is the first that drove us all out as quickly as possible. I'm not sure if there was a recent death or illness, but it would seem so. My apologies for any loss or illness that did cause this odor. Or, perhaps there is a dead animal lodged somewhere...I really don't know, but I do think some serious issue is causing this, and because they live there, they don't notice it (though I really don't know how that would be possible unless they have no sense of smell, which I know is a condition that exists). Let me be clear, it is not a sensitivity to smell on one individual's part. Believe me, I hoped that no one else could smell it as I entered, but there were 6 of us, and others could bare it less than I could.

One reason we chose this B and B is that one of my aunts is in a wheelchair and they have an ADA room. However, the bed was recently changed and was now a bit high for her to get into. This was the reason we gave for leaving, but in truth, it was the odor. However, a high bed could be a reason not to book it if someone is in a wheelchair and has limited mobility. They offered the living room couch as an alternative place for my aunt to sleep...

Another negative was mosquitoes. We really couldn't have sat outside and enjoyed ourselves.

The positives: the rooms themselves looked clean and well-kept.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank TreyBostonSeoul

Been to A Peace of Heaven Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!