“Unexpectedly great”

Children's Museum of New Hampshire
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Dover
More attraction details
Owner description: The Children's Museum of New Hampshire invites families to explore amazing creative exhibits that make learning fun. Discover dinosaurs, submarine, aerodynamics, brain waves, music, art, nature and more. Special area for babies and toddlers upstairs. Riverfront setting with playground, benches and picnic tables. Open year round with special events, classes, performances and workshops. Fall/Winter/Spring Hours: Tues-Sat 10am-5pm, Sun 12-5pm. Summer Hours (mid-June - Labor Day): Mon-Sat 10am-5pm, Sun 12-5pm.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Stairs / lift, Baby buggy parking
Reviewed 4 March 2018

This is a small museum, but it has unexpectedly a lot of different things for kids to do. We spent 3 hours there with a 3y/o and a 7y/o, both had a lot of fun. We will come back. Great place to go in a cold winter day.
There was enough free parking in the area, but I can see how parking might be an issue on an extremely busy day. There are also quite a few restaurants nearby to have a family lunch after.

All reviews
"lots of fun"
"we spent hours"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 27 February 2018

I've been here twice in the past year. What a gem! A few things worthy of mentioning:
1) Use the discounts available-I was able to get a discount pass from my local public library. Also, as a teacher, I got in free with my badge.
2) I love the hands on concept of this museum. Everything is meant for hands-on exploration.
3) I went one summer day, when it wasn't very crazy. That time, my then six year old and his cousins loved the dramatic play portion-the post office and the green screen/tv area. Tons of fun had by all.
4) I went today-February vacation-so much busier. However, even with the increased numbers, it was still enjoyable. It was nice to see a shift in what my son played with-he explored the ball run and the flying experiment for long periods of time! It was more crowded, but still manageable. Went with my son, a friend, and a three year old. The three year old was just as entertained.
5) There are tons of local places to eat afterwards. We went to 7th Generation Brewery. I found them to deal well with children.
6) The staff at the museum were friendly.
7) I loved the wide array of activities available in the museum. From crafts to dramatic play to more engineering type activities, to music based activities to the wonderful play section for littles....
Overall, I'd recommend this museum. It is a great way to spend a few hours.

2  Thank cutietam81
Reviewed 15 February 2018

A great place to bring children! Things for all ages, both educational and fun. Good parking close to museum. Plan 1-2 hours.

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

We hit children’s museums everywhere we go with our 4 y/o twin daughters. This place is not huge, but they pack some neat exhibits into their layout. Large submarine, tv studio, restaurant/kitchen, some dinosaurs, train tables, a cave with some neat light elements, large craft/ reading area. It’s pretty solid. Love that you can leave for lunch and come back so easily. 7th settlement brewery across the street and thirsty moose a block away are both very solid with options for kids. Nice town outdoor playground behind the museum. It’s on our rotation and participates with 50% off with our local museum membership.