“Huge Margaritas, nice atmosphere ”
Review of La Carreta

La Carreta
Ranked #13 of 76 Restaurants in Derry
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Make sure you order the tableside guacamole. They make it to your specifications ...very hot or mild. 32 Oz Margaritas!! Better have a designated driver. The chicken fajitas are the best item on the menu. Service can be a little spotty as different people deliver your order. Salsa is bland. Very nice atmosphere, with large, comfortable booths. If you like Mexican check it out.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

We had a great evening out at La Carreta last Saturday evening. The Hostess got us right in and sat us in the dining area before the lounge. Gabriel L are server was excellent and came right over to get our drink order and brought Salsa and chips. He was back in no time to get are orders and we were able to put them on separate checks. My wife had a Burrito Croqueta which she really enjoyed. I had a Taco Salad that was quite filling. She had ice tea and I had 2 Shocktop Belgium Whites. We have been here many times and have not been disappointed. Try It You Will Like It.

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

We eat at La Carreta in Hooksett or Manchester once a week. They are always fantastic so we assumed the Derry location would be good as well. We recommend our friends meet us there at 4:30pm on a Saturday before we all went to the Derry Opera house. 3 families - 12 people total.

We ask the waiter if he would do separate checks - immediately the answer was "no". Which was surprising but we thought we could just figure it out later.

And then the orders - taking the orders was really challenging for the waiter; quite the language barrier. When we rec'd our food is was quite different than what we receive for the same orders at other La Carreta locations. And they were terrible... the fish tacos were naked and raw, chicken dishes were totally over seasoned, etc.

The waiter was not interested or capable of fixing anything.

And then sorting out the bill was a disaster.

We won't be back - save yourselves and eat somewhere else in Derry.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

The. Best. Salsa. Ever! I could live off of their free salsa and chips! But, they are just the beginning of an AMAZING meal! Friendly staff, great food and delicious margaritas!

Reviewed 27 August 2017

The guacamole was bland. That's the bad news. The good news is the service is superb. I mentioned to my server that I was in a hurry, and she made sure I got my food super quickly, and presented the bill--very politely!--so that I could make my escape. I really wish I could rave about the food, but I can't. If you are craving Mexican, and are not too fussy about authenticity, you will do fine here. Everything tasted fresh, and the portions are satisfying. The spices and seasonings are dialed way back, though, presumably to suit the New England palate. Nice selection of Mexican beers, including some on tap.

Been to La Carreta? Share your experiences!