“Pleasant, unhurried atmosphere; limited menu”
Review of Spoon Revolution Vegan Bistro - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Spoon Revolution Vegan Bistro
Description: Great place that has won awards and is highly
Description: Great place that has won awards and is highly
Reviewed 6 October 2012

The food they prepare is vegetable-based, very fresh, and gluten-free. The menu is just a few changing items but everything was delicious and the waitress and chef were pleasant. I actually preferred the limited menu because they concentrated on doing all things with excellence rather than a lot of dishes. There are no televisions (this is a plus for me!) and the music was just loud enough to be enjoyed without being a distraction.

2  Thank treasureseekermth633

Reviewed 23 August 2012

Stopped in during a business trip looking for some healthy alternatives to some of the heavier meals I had been eating ,and was rewarded with an amazing lunch. The restaurant style is quintessential European Bistro- daily specials, great prefixe menu, and a small staff consisting of the owner and chef.

However unlike a meat centric Parisian bistro, Spoon Revolution is a vegan and gluten free affair. I am not vegan but I found the food to be delicious and flavorful. I had the prefixe daily special, which I think rotates a few times a week: chilled stone fruit soup, a broccoli-potato dosa with a fantastically fresh side salad (tossed with house-grown herb vinaigrette), and finished with a blueberry fig shake/smoothie, which was probably the weakest part of the meal but still tasty. Lunch was served with a Fruit Kombucha too- which tasted homemade- but I can't verify that.

The special was a great price - especially for a three course meal with most ingredients being locally sourced and organic. I will definitely come back for lunch next time I am in Concord.

1  Thank Masami00
Reviewed 8 July 2012

One thing I hate about most vegan restaurants is that they serve mock-this and faux-that (if I wanted sausage, then I would eat real sausage, okay!), Spoon Revolution has introduced me to all sorts of yummy vegan dishes, and they are all made with recognizable foods (I don't think I have ever even seen tofu there, and I've eaten there 6-8 times). Lentils, brown rice, lots of veggies, and fruit-and-nut-based desserts are among the things I have tried here, and everything has been delicious. Servings are large and filling...enough for when you are hungry, but not enough to make you feel over-stuffed. Prices are great too!

1  Thank Archmac
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We just enjoyed a delicious lunch here. The format is a little diffeent in that there are not ,any menu choices as in most places, the menu changes daily and consists of one or two choices for each of the soup, entree with salad and dessert. The price for the meal is $8.95 which we felt is a very fair price for excellent quality food using locally available and organic items. Our soup today was pear and watercress, an unusual sounding combination which was well balanced and delicious. I enjoyed a Hungarian Savoy Cabbage casserole with brown rice. The portion was a nice size, and the accompanying salad was a nice mix of vegetables on local organic greens with a delicious dressing I asked the chef about. The casserole was moist and nicely seasoned, topped with Hungarian paprika. My husband enjoyed an edemame curry with brown rice. The curry was well seasoned with a complex curry flavor, no canned curry powder here, and again a nice portion. Dessert was a chia cake with nut crust and topped with fresh mango. I loved the cake it was sweetened just enough and not overpowering, the crust was light and perfectly flaky. We really enjoyed our lunch and speaking with the chef. Will be back when we are in the area.

3  Thank K G