“Enchanting spot to take a break”

Moose Muck Coffee House
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Colebrook
Cuisines: Soups
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 10 April 2017

Nice atmosphere, warm fire in winter, nice porch in spring. Good sandwiches and high-end coffee drinks, albeit on the expensive side.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Mrs. SailorBear loves the coffee here so...happy wife, happy life. The biggest drawback is the wait time to get served. Apparently, each customer gives their order and then it is prepared before the next order is taken. Obviously, if someone wants more than just a cup of coffee this can take some time. If you find yourself behind someone who wants a "coffee drink" and a sandwich, you'll be torn between wanting to sit down and losing your place in line. If there's a large group ahead of you, I would recommend heading north.
As to the food, the cinnamon rolls are good although a tad plain. I would not recommend the lemon squares (reminiscent of a yellow roofing shingle) or the blueberry danish (as flaky as shoe leather).

1  Thank SailorBear
Reviewed 14 March 2017

Very nice spot. Nice Log furniture and wood burning stove. Did I say they have GREAT coffee? Well, it's great. The food is good too. I had oatmeal loaded with ample sugar, almonds, raisins and apples for $2.75. I skipped the milk for $1.25 more (that's a bit too much) the next day I had a egg, bacon and cheese on a bagel, which was great too. GREAT COFFEE.

Reviewed 9 November 2016

Great coffee and sandwiches, good variety for Colebrook when it comes to healthy food choices. Homemade scones, fruit parfaits, and other delectables are always on hand. Best lattes in town!

Reviewed 18 October 2016

I really enjoyed my 1st 2 trips to this place, coffee was fantastic, the food was tasty and very well prepared.

We stopped for lunch on our way to a cabin an hour North, on Columbus Day weekend.
The Sandwich was fantastic..........staffing seemed to be a huge issue though. I have no issue waiting for a good meal. The problem was 2 people/TOO busy. Our sandwiches came out after about 15-20 minutes, that was fine, but it took an additional 10-15 minutes to get our ice coffee.........as a matter of fact, another couple got in line 5 minutes after me and got there ice coffee when my sandwich came out...............

On the way home we stopped again, this time just for a couple of ice coffees, I waited patiently in line for 15 minutes. At this point, the next person in line (6 peeps in front of me) ordered 2 ice coffees. The gentleman taking the order said, and I quote, "it's gonna be a little while, I have 12 coffee's to make before I get to yours"!!

I once worked as an Executive Chef at a few fancy places, and would like to reach out and give some free advice to the owner of this fine establishment:

1) You need to properly staff this gold mine.
2) You need to figure out the busy period and staff accordingly.
3) Nobody is going to wait 30+ minutes for a cup of coffee, especially with a Dunkin
Donuts about 100 yards away.
4) Your Product IS fantastic. Your coffee rolls are some of the best I've ever had, the
Turkey Sandwich is made with Quality ingredients and is very tasty, and your
coffee is supreme. You NEED to have service that matches the product.
5) During busy periods, you need to have 1 person working on just drinks.

I don't mind paying a little more money for a really great meal, but service is a must.