“They need more staff”

Cuisines: Soups
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 18 October 2016

I really enjoyed my 1st 2 trips to this place, coffee was fantastic, the food was tasty and very well prepared.

We stopped for lunch on our way to a cabin an hour North, on Columbus Day weekend.
The Sandwich was fantastic..........staffing seemed to be a huge issue though. I have no issue waiting for a good meal. The problem was 2 people/TOO busy. Our sandwiches came out after about 15-20 minutes, that was fine, but it took an additional 10-15 minutes to get our ice coffee.........as a matter of fact, another couple got in line 5 minutes after me and got there ice coffee when my sandwich came out...............

On the way home we stopped again, this time just for a couple of ice coffees, I waited patiently in line for 15 minutes. At this point, the next person in line (6 peeps in front of me) ordered 2 ice coffees. The gentleman taking the order said, and I quote, "it's gonna be a little while, I have 12 coffee's to make before I get to yours"!!

I once worked as an Executive Chef at a few fancy places, and would like to reach out and give some free advice to the owner of this fine establishment:

1) You need to properly staff this gold mine.
2) You need to figure out the busy period and staff accordingly.
3) Nobody is going to wait 30+ minutes for a cup of coffee, especially with a Dunkin
Donuts about 100 yards away.
4) Your Product IS fantastic. Your coffee rolls are some of the best I've ever had, the
Turkey Sandwich is made with Quality ingredients and is very tasty, and your
coffee is supreme. You NEED to have service that matches the product.
5) During busy periods, you need to have 1 person working on just drinks.

I don't mind paying a little more money for a really great meal, but service is a must.

Reviewed 10 October 2016

Very ecclectic!! Which is great! Several interesting choice on lunch, soups, and breakfast choices to start your day of outdoor recreation. The coffee is absolutely great as well!!! A groovy spot in the Northeast woods, great find!!!

Reviewed 9 October 2016

Small, charming place for locals, truck drivers and the occasional tourist. The breakfast options are all named after trucks. I can't remember if my omelet and bacon on rye was a "Peterbilt" or a "Kenworth", but it did deliver! The coffe was OK to (by American standards)

Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

We visited this wonderful coffee house several times during our visit to colebrook area. The food was great and Vicky ( she worked there) was friendly and very helpful! She gave us valuable info about the area We really appreciated that. Best coffee and cinnamon roll in the area!!

Reviewed 6 September 2016

After a few days of camping by tent, the place was an awesome find for the long ride home!. Ice coffee with just the right amount of ice was delicious. We grabbed a couple of homemade cinnamon rolls, make sure you get these warmed up for you!!