“Superb - I doubt you could find better...”
other travellers have booked this property
Calistoga Chalet Open plan living
Queen sized guest room # 1
Guest Bathroom
Queen sized guest room # 2
Local wildlife - Kookaburra
Kangaroo - the neighbour!
Sunset at Prevelly Beach
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
peb_48
Staffordshire, UK
“Superb - I doubt you could find better accommodation in Margaret River”
Reviewed 29 March 2015 for a stay in February 2015

We stayed here in February 2015 for 5 nights - 4 adults - using the property as a base for touring the Margaret River Region. We like and are used to high quality accommodation and this ticked all of the boxes! We adhered strictly to the 'shoes off at the front door' policy demanded by the owners so as to protect the magnificent polished wood floors. This is not a property suitable for children! The property is very well equipped and I cannot think of a single thing which we would have needed which was not provided. Full marks, Mindy, for thinking of everything. We did not meet the housekeeping team, but the standard of cleanliness on arrival was perfect.
There are only two issues I might raise. The first relates to the system for booking and payment for the property. Booking from the UK was cumbersome. There is no credit card facility for payment and I therefore had to arrange bank transfers which are less efficient and more expensive. Also a $1000 bond is required (to be paid up-front). Although this was repaid promptly after our departure it cost me quite a lot because of the exchange rate differences. Every other property we rented in WA simply held my credit card details by way of security. The owners need to streamline their systems!
The other issue relates to the steep drive. This was badly worn away and we had difficulty getting out with our hire car. But this can easily be put right!
Neither of these issues, however, prevents me awarding 5 stars!

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 65+
Chris N P...
Warrawee, New South Wales, Australia
“Margaret River's Accommodation Gem”
Reviewed 24 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

Our stay at Calistoga surpassed all expectations. This beautifully created home is a haven of quiet relaxation, yet within walking distance of the shops and is centrally located for all of Margaret River's attractions
The home is comfortable and lacks nothing needed for a luxury stay, with every conceivable convenience at your fingertips
Mindy was wonderfully helpful with advice on how to make the most of our stay and her recommendations for dining and touring were spot on
A memorable holiday..one we will repeat!

Liked best: Location and fixtures/fittings
Liked least: Not applicable..all was great
Travelling group: Friends
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
684Steph
Perth, Australia
“Stunning Chalet”
Reviewed 31 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

I looked at several different types of accommodation for my 2 night stay in Margaret River, however Calistoga really caught my eye and I definitely wasn't disappointed on my arrival.

The Chalet was absolutely stunning, situated in a idyllic location, set back from the road and about a 3 minute drive from the heart of Margaret River.

Everything we needed and more was provided, from pots, pans and condiments to BBQ facilities and linens.

Booking Calistoga was very straight forward and the bond was returned to me quicker than I was initially advised.

I will be recommending Calistoga to friends and family and would definitely book again and for a longer stay next time.

Travelling group: Other
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Andrew S
Melbourne, Australia
“Margaret River perfection”
Reviewed 2 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014

A stunning property in an equally beautiful setting, right in the heart of the Margaret River region. The care and attention to detail in maintaining the place to a very high standard was evident from the moment we arrived - highly recommended!

Travelling group: Extended Family
Families with young children Large groups
msjess444...
Perth
“Absolutely perfect.”
Reviewed 25 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014

I booked this house for myself and 3 staff members as we were working at the Gourmet Escape and I knew we would want somewhere relaxing and fully equipped for when we arrived home after our long days. This house is perfect. The kitchen has every pot, pan, dish, utensil etc...you could need. Wonderful bush location yet still very close to town. The bed was so comfortable I was sad to have to get up early each day.
This place ticked all the boxes and also the owner Mindy and the property manager Clare were really pleasant to deal with.
Would definitely stay again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The kitchen living space was very comfortable and great for socialising and relaxing.
Liked least: If I had to find something I would say I like better quality wine glasses but I honestly don't expect that in holiday accommodation....overall really happy.
Travelling group: Other
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing