“Interesting Situation”

Sunset Grill
Ranked #5 of 12 Restaurants in Campton
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Description: Fine American food and Competition style BBQ including the best seafood dishes, steaks, rotating daily specials, homemade soups and Pub Grub. Check out our smokers out back where the pork, ribs, chicken, tri-tip, brisket and sausage are transformed from mere ingredients into BBQ nirvana! We start with our own secret recipe dry rubs, smoke the meats low and slow over charcoal and fruit woods, then offers them up to Guests as sliders, sandwiches or platters along with a hearty portion of our house made sauces.
Reviewed 3 September 2018

My wife & I went dined a few days ago. The restaurant is not on major roads and must cater to both locals and others.....hence a moderately priced menu full of a varied bunch of options. We had the Barbecue Sampler for two with smoked ribs, brisket, pulled pork, tri tip and chicken. The ribs, pulled pork and brisket were very good, tri tip OK and the chicken was dry. Being a Big Green Egg user, I attributed most of this related to the when cooked time to the when served. time...difficult to serve the last 2 items a distance from when cooked. Our sides were fine.

Thank Gary R. H
Steven D, Owner at Sunset Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Gary,
Thanks for visiting us and trying our BBQ Sampler. On Tuesday, September 4th (unfortunately AFTER your visit) we introduced BBQ chicken on the bone to take the place of the BBQ chicken breast that we served when you visited. Hopefully you will get an opportunity to give it a try. If you do, ask for me when you are in, I always enjoy meeting (and learning from) other BBQ enthusiasts!

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Great place friendly service the salmon and the steak were absolutely delicious!
The presentation was off but the taste of the food was a pleasant surprise!

Thanks for visiting us and taking the time to review us, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

I am so excited to find this place. The kitchen is top line! I actually went back within a week. So start with appetizers, onion soup is a blond broth with lots of onions, nice and soft, with a great topping of melted cheese. We also had shrimp cocktail, that was very fresh, cold and great cocktail sauce. My sister had the stir fry with shrimp and loved it. I had stuffed haddock, the fish was light and flaky and the crabmeat stuffing amazing! Another friend had the meatballs and even took the left overs home. We had to try the homemade banana cream pie, I really recommend you save room if that’s available. On my other visit we had the corned beef sandwiches. They make the corned beef in house and it is so tender. Actually could stand up against NYC deli! Thank you to the chefs for keeping your food fresh and making your own.too many places are buying the pre-made frozen entrees (yuck). This is my new go to place. Only reason for 4 versus 5 stars was the bartender our first visit was not so great. Second time wonderful gal.

Steven D, Owner at Sunset Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Thanks for visiting us and also for taking the time review us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

From being greeted with a warm smile to the plentiful, delicious and affordable appetizers (Shrimp Cocktail and Stuffed Mushrooms)to our entree’s
I had the Baked Scrod, my wife had the Teriyaki Salmon and a kids Cheese Burger for our son. For dessert we split the Black & Blue Cheesecake And the boy had a Hot Fudge Sundae.
The atmosphere was quaint and the service was excellent.
Honorable mention to our server Valerie.

1  Thank Johnny8365
Steven D, Owner at Sunset Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Johnny,
Thank you for taking the time to offer your review here. We know that most people have a busy schedule and the fact that you would spend some of your time to post this review is appreciated. I will pass your kind words along to Valerie! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

We had the scallops and they were excellent. Also, had the hot fudge sundae for dessert.
Service was very good.

Thanks for visiting us! We hope to see you again soon.