“Nice busy place”
Review of Bessie's Lunch

Bessie's Lunch
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Brentwood
Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

Stopped in on the way home from hitting the "antique" sales.

Packed house, smelled wonderful all the way from the street.

Had the stuffed french toast, corned beef hash omelet and home fries.....
The hash had no crispiness ( only lightly warmed before being folded into the omelette to be honest), lots of cheese and the eggs were cooked just like I asked for.
The french toast came with sour cream and sprinkled with brown sugar, while piled high with 2 layers of berries and sliced banana.

Worth the stop just make sure to ask for the way you want things cooked.

Reviewed 29 April 2016

A wonderful surprise! We were very hesitant about going into this restaurant so I think the management may want to spend a few bucks to pretty up the exterior. But the inside was good and the food was fantastic! The menu was loaded with so many yummy selections. I had the cheeseburger club and it came with a mountain of onion rings! I could only eat half of the sandwich and a bit of the onion rings!! Will absolutely go here again!

Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

Bessies Lunch is a great low-key family or solo dinning experience that serves quality homemade meals at a very affordable price. I really love this place. I've had breakfast, lunch and dinners there many times and I keep on coming back. The food is served up fast by some very nice waitresses, some who've worked there for many many years. Though everything on the menus is good, I highly recommend their meatloaf with mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes and squash. Their fried claims are very good too!

Reviewed 26 January 2016 via mobile

From the moment we walked in greeting poor, if you were a local great. Coffee very weak. Our home fries overcooked those delivered to the locals looked good. Our bacon was severely overcooked. Those delivered to the locals good enough to steal. Omelets average???
With so many great eateries available will not be back here.

Reviewed 11 October 2015 via mobile

Stopped in to have dinner, and let me tell you I got a surprise! From the outside I was skeptical but the food, the waitress, and the chef/cook/owner/lawyer are fantastic!!! I have a severe allergy to shellfish and the waitress told me he that the cook will be right with me. Ron came out and was so accommodating. I told me he would make anything I wanted. I had the BEST baked haddock topped with spinach and an order of butternut squash seasoned to perfection! Dessert was Grandma's secret recipe for grape nut pudding with fresh strawberries. All the food is from scratch and made to order! I picked up a rock and looked under it and found a fabulous place! Never judge a book by its cover!!!! Thanks Ron and Sally!!!!

Been to Bessie's Lunch? Share your experiences!