All reviews ammonoosuc river main building white mountains dining room rushing water very nice stay river sounds balcony overlooking the river flowing river breakfast was included next morning beds were comfortable water pressure each morning made us feel my boyfriend bed and breakfast
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 October 2020

Another great stay! Sarah made us feel welcome each morning at breakfast and the night we ate onsite for dinner. The river views and access are a staple. Our room was clean and all appliances worked. This is a great base location to stay while exploring the White Mountains, Great North Woods, and [since we have 2 dogs] Dog Mountain in nearby Vermont.

Room tip: All rooms in the annex building have balconies overlooking the river.
Date of stay: July 2020
Reviewed 4 May 2020

Stayed here before a day skiing at Cannon. The bed was comfy and the breakfast was delicious, which is all we really needed! There was a dinner party going on the night we stayed which was a little noisy, but it seemed like a special, 1-time event. And they cleared out by 1030ish and it was quiet after that. Overall a very nice stay and would come again!

Room tip: The floors are pretty creaky, would recommend trying to get a top floor room.
Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 7 March 2020

I've driven by this place whenever I'm in the area for skiing, usually passing through. I always thought it looked liked a nice B&B, but not open to the public for dining. However, this past visit, when I was staying in Twin Mountain at Carlson's Lodge, the owner there, Carol, recommended dining at the Wayside Inn. Carol said you'd have to eat in the bar area on Thursdays, but it was well worth it. So, this past Thursday, took a seat at the bar (there were several tables there too, but I was by myself). The dining room had a local 'dining out' club eating a buffet meal there on Thursday, and they also kept the bar busy with drink orders. Sarah, the 'workaholic' owner of Wayside Inn, was tending bar too, and sold me on one of their dinner specials - a mixture of steak tips, asparagus, cheesy mashed potatoes, topped with baby shrimp - nicely put together. I highly recommend this place for dinner.

It's too bad this place is not also listed as a restaurant on the Trip Advisor site - it deserves to be listed there as well

Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 4 February 2020

We booked a reservation on opentable very easily. Sarah the owner Greeted us and was very atttentive to our excellent meal. My wife ordered a meal not on the menu and was no problem. I got the special Paella which was excellent. Many credits to her Cheif. Would recommend to everyone to visit

Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed 24 October 2019

The Inn looks amazing on the outside and the public areas are beautiful and authentic. It's located near a stream and there's a lot of open area. However, at first we got a room at the main building. Small, stuffy, no TV, no Fridge and a view of the roof....
We asked to move to the adjacent building closer to the stream. The room there was bigger, had a ancient TV (not flat) and a fridge. It also had a smelly dirty carpet that we didn't dare step on wuth bare feet.
The bathroom was small.