All reviews thomas edison front porch madison room white mountains rocking chairs interesting history new hampshire spent one night dining room is breakfast was delicious hiking trails fall foliage mary hostess kennedy asparagus stove
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 September 2020

I can't say enough about the Mulberry Inn and its gracious hostess, Mary. The Inn is spotless and so well loved, and Mary was especially attentive to safety during these Covid times. She spaced out the breakfast times between guests, and there is so much room in the inn- between sitting areas and porches- that we could relax and enjoy our stay in every sense. Breakfast was delicious both mornings, and Mary is a gem to chat with. The feeling of the Inn is absolutely warm and welcoming, and our weekend away could not have been nicer. I do hope to be able to return again! Thank you , Mary!

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 17 July 2020

I recently attended a Birth-a-Book retreat for writers, held at the Mulburn Inn, in Bethlehem, New Hampshire. I arrived a few days early, so my stay was ten days (7/1-7/10 2020). Now, I was raised with the dictum, "Have no expectations, and you will never be disappointed." Well, if I had entertained expectations, my experience at the Mulburn would have soared right past them. Though this Grand Old Dame is a centenarian, owner and keeper, Mary, maintains a clean gleam in every nook and on every banister. The warm decor is perfect--eclectic and interesting. Beautiful grounds offer stretches of soft grass and dappled shade beneath lovely old trees. Mary, herself, exudes the best qualities of a quintessential innkeeper, and then some. Friendly and out-going, helpful and informative, Mary is the epitome of positivity and good cheer, and she put this guest instantly at ease and feeling genuinely welcomed. The food was excellent, prepared in a spotless kitchen and uniquely presented in this Age of Covid-19, while PPE was required when guests moved through public spaces. Social distancing was observed. A lovely short walk from the Mulburn, the quaint village of Bethlehem offers several excellent dining choices, a superb yoga studio, and fun shops. Hiking trails and Mt. Washington, with its myriad winter wonderland activities, are a mere-moments drive. While most review opportunities offer a 5-Star option, I'd give the Mulburn Inn and Mary the whole star field. Dee Rivers

Date of stay: July 2020
Reviewed 30 September 2019 via mobile

We spent one night at the Mulburn Inn in the George Washington room. The room and attached bathroom (shower and separate large tub) were spacious and clean. The natural lighting was incredible, three walls had large windows. The Inn was built in 1906 and looked to have the original wood flooring, windows and many architectural elements. The Inn is located walking distance to an Italian restaurant where we had dinner. We found the bed comfortable and room quiet. We woke this morning to the smell of Mary cooking breakfast for her guests. If in Bethlehem we would stay here again. Thank you Mary for your hospitality.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2019

Mary was great! She was so kind and helped us with some questions we had about the area. Overall, the Inn was great! The room was average... clean, but a little worn around the edges (sheets were older, one of the outlets in the bathroom sparked) but nothing that would deter my recommendation. Breakfast was great, and I honestly can't say enough things about how nice Mary was. If I'm ever back in the area, I would gladly return.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 19 May 2019 via mobile

Mary was wonderfully responsive. She met all our needs and we had an amazing weekend. I could not recommended the inn enough Breakfasts were innovative and the accommodation comfortable The location is perfect. Mary is also great at telling us where the best hikes are.

Date of stay: May 2019