“Best Chinese food in the Lakes Region”

China Garden (not Graden)
Ranked #7 of 19 Restaurants in Belmont
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 25 July 2016

Eat here at least twice a month. Good food, great service. Favorite items, Crab Rangoon, chicken fingers, pork fried rice and chicken teriyaki. Quick take out.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

With my very hearty appetite, I seldom finish everything on my plate, but this place was the rare exception. The food was mediocre at best and mostly terrible. The water had a metallic taste like it had been sitting in a metal barrel for weeks. Absolutely no redeeming qualities.

Reviewed 18 March 2016

I have eaten here so many times The food is always great and the owners and staff are
always nice .My family used to eat here when the previous building was here You get a
decent size meal for the money One of my very favorite places in New Hampshire.

Reviewed 17 January 2016

I eat at China Garden about twice a month. It is convenient to get to right on the main highway into Laconia. It sits is what appears to have once been a Japanese restaurant as the building design is not the traditional Chinese restaurant. The menu is typical and the luncheon specials are inexpensive and are loaded with tasty treats. Usually priced around $8 the luncheon specials come with fried or white rice and a choice of eggrolls, chicken fingers or crab rangoons. It also has a large quantity of fresh chinese vegetables including bok choy, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, mushrooms and pea pods all served in a brown sauce. I order the friend shrimp with chicken fingers and fried rice and get four chicken fingers, five fried shrimp and a heap of both rice and vegetables. It is truly a big meal for the price and everything is freshly cooked and the fingers are crispy and the shrimp are usually bathed in the brown sauce. I have had the boneless spareribs on occasion and they are always tender and tasty. The regular menu is full of the usual things and if they are all as good as the lunch, they are great. Full bar and reasonable priced drinks. Management is on premises and friendly. Better than the usual storefront Chinese restaurant and a good place to go.

Reviewed 14 January 2016

My family eats here periodically. The food is always good but we enjoy the "basics" (rice, lo-mein, spareribs, chicken fingers). Our chief complaint is that you have to argue with owners and management whenever we get food to-go about duck sauce. I just can't understand that if I spend $30 on take-out or $100, they give you the same amount of duck sauce AND if you ask for more they charge you (even after dropping $100 on food). I just hate having to rationalize this topic EVERY time I go into the restaurant.