See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 July 2017

It is a 2.5 rated hotel. If you are planing your stay here, do not expect too much! I travel for business. Hence, I book cheap hotels. However, this one is off my list. I use the room only for sleeping. And the room did not facilitate a single good night sleep. The room had a specific smell, which I though was due to closed doors and windows, first. To my surprise, it was their sheets. I ended up taking the pillow cover off and wrap it with the towel that I brought myself. I could not stand the smell in my nose. Since I'm barely in the hotel, I didn't have that much interaction with the staff. I just felt that they were not the happiest people in NH.

Room Tip: The rooms are in the hotels in the surrounding area.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
HillBrookMotel, Owner at Hill-Brook Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Cheap does not mean pay for 2 people and sneak in 3 more. When confronted, took another room. Sorry you had to pay for the room. No surprise about the review! Make your own judgement after reading the other credible reviews.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

The room was clean and comfortable. The young man at the front desk was awesome! Very polite and helpful. I did not see any bugs as some reviews posted. if I ever need a room in the area I will be back

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank myings1
HillBrookMotel, Owner at Hill-Brook Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Thank you for taking time to write your honest feedback. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

Stopped here because it was one half the price of everyone else in the area and had a good review. 13 inch color TV but has cable refrig microwave air conditioning and Heat very clean. I would stay here again. You can actually open the windows and get a nice breeze through the place with screens just like in the 60s which is probably when it was built.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your honest review. We appreciate your business. We are in process of upgrading our TV's with HD channels that our customer come to expect this fall.

Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

Checked in w owners wife, got a room for friends who had apt fire, they had no ID's & only the clothes on their backs. I have lived in the same town that hotel is in for over 30 years. Barely got out of the office when the owner came running out into the parking lot and told us to come back into the office, started treating us like criminals said he didn't run a babysitting service and wanted the key back. Said we were lucky he wasn't keeping our money. Then pretended he was doing us a favor by voiding the transaction when in fact you can't give a refund [vs a void) for a transaction that hasn't closed yet. He said the money would be available immediately because a void makes it like it never happened, which is ludicrous, when I knew that would not be the case greatly inconveniencing us. I called American Express and got an expedite code for his credit card processor so they could release the money more quickly and also asked him why they had charged a 15% gratuity hold when he said they did not do that before we checked in. He said American Express was lying to me so they could get me off the phone, and was unwilling to call his credit card processing company with the 6 digit number. When I called the next morning to speak to the wife she said yes they charge the 15% hold. I have no problem with an incidentals hold I just don't like people lying about not doing it and then putting it on. My experience is that the owner is extremely unprofessional, doesn't know squat about customer relations, is rude, and doesn't know much about how his own business works. I have never been treated so rudely by a local business in my life. and my experience does not seem to be out of line with many other people who have had similar experiences with this man. Check out the other reviews he just wants to argue with people and show that he's right when in fact he's losing business.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends

Not disclosing the room you planning to rent is for teenagers and not victims of fire is right out dishonest! As per your rest of your story, i will leave it up to smart consumers to decide. Yes, we do run tight ship here being onsite Innkeepers, and many of our repeat guests like it that way and helped support our business for past 21 years.

Reviewed 24 October 2016

Bugs, EEK.

And it looks like they rent by the hour, Saw a couple of shady characters in the next room with a lot of undesirable noise clearly heard across the thin walls.

Rude hosts will not change my room, left within 3 hrs of check-in.

STAY AWAY.

Room Tip: stay away, rude hosts
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business

Thanks for writing your dishonest review. It seems many of our guests has different experience. We have sustained strong reputation as exceptionally clean property that provide value to self pay customers for over 35 years. We don't claim to please everyone who walks through the door.