See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 November 2015

We stayed in this Motel for 2 days. The owner is an Indian/Pakistani guy who practically does not know how hospitality business is like. The wifi does not work and when we complained he said to pay him more to get the WIFI service restored.
The rooms were dirty and smelly. We wanted a non smoking room but we got a smoking one. When complained he asked us for more money .

Room Tip: No room is quiter in this location. Its right on route 101 so you can hear all the traffic all night.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank John C
Reviewed 16 September 2015

I cant complain about the room, I basically slept there because I went up there to visit family. The only thing I can complain about was the wifi. I complained about it the first night I was there. It was limited so therefore I got the speed of dial up.
The day I left, it worked fine. You go to the trouble of taking your computer on vacation with you and in a state you never been to before is a very big inconvenience.
I used most of my data up on my cell phone due to the poor wifi connection.
Other than that, no other complaints, I would stay there again if they improved their wifi

Room Tip: very weak wifi connection
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 August 2015

Let me begin by stating clearly it states on Expedia they allow pets. Not the case! Costing us additional costs in pet boarding. Owner stated he cannot control what Expedia posts. The other issue is owner takes no responsibility to control what goes on at his site. We rented a room several people each night hung out right outside our room and drank all night long. They were extremely loud talking and partying all night. They would bang doors go in and out, owner did absolutely nothing about it. I checked out one night early due to the noise and what I felt was an unsafe environment owner is refusing to credit back this night. After all the trouble with the pet issue and lack of this owner controlling what happens at his site. It's the least he could do. Don't stay!!! I am in the process of disputing this charge and may even seek legal action. Owner is rude.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KPS111
HillBrookMotel, General Manager at Hill-Brook Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2015

Our 'No Pets' policy is consistent across all Online platforms, including on our web site. I am sorry but, your $20 fake online certificate about 'emotional support dog' did not held up to ADA guidelines to make acceptation for Service Animal.

Ironically, people you felt threatened and claiming were noisy were part of a family, who are decent business folks from Maine, with whom you also socialized and never felt threatened. During 5 days you stayed, never once you tried to complained about noise! Until you wanted a refund for early check out! How ironic! It seems like even after I refunded you one night for early check out as a courtesy, you tried to threaten my staff without merit. Please remember, to file a lawsuit without merit could also land you in hot water.

Reviewed 11 August 2015

Told owner I had dogs. He said we could not stay at hotel. I stated that I am having a family reunion and that all the people that were in your hotel is because I had them book there. I told him I would keep my dogs in car. He said no and that they could not be on land at all. I pleaded as I did not want to leave my family. He refused - we had words and he threatened to call police and tried to keep my deposit . I said that my parents are still staying in the room. He was screaming. My partner had to go in and calm him down and we then went down the road to the econolodge which was less expensive and had a free breadfast. When I got to my reunion at all of my family joked with me that I should have read the reviews!! BE VERY CAREFUL READ ALL REVIEWS.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Susan R
HillBrookMotel, Owner at Hill-Brook Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2015

Please make sure to read Pet Policy of Hotel before booking your room. More importantly don't threaten the business for lack of your due diligence. What kind of pet owner are you to leave your dogs in car in 90 deg. hot weather! We don't allow pets because some of our guests are allergic. Conveniently forgot to mention that exchange of words started with you saying 'I will rip you off.." despite our generous offer to waive cancellation charges if we are able to sell the room! Who is being unreasonable here. Did you ever try to wonder why you were the only person asked to be removed by police and not your other four family members including your own parents who had no problem with our service! Also, did you also forgot that after we allowed your room to be switched in your parents name, you came back to office to apologize to us for your behavior!

Reviewed 11 July 2015

I can highly recommend this motel and the nice people who run it. I came into town late the previous nite, and the hotel was booked up, but I have a camper van, and the manager graciously allowed me to park free overnight. Today I checked in, the room is very nice, large, quiet air conditioner, and the price is much lower than anything else in the area.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
HillBrookMotel, Manager at Hill-Brook Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2015

Thank you! Appreciate you taking time to recognize us.