“Not a good experience”
Review of Sawdust Corner

Sawdust Corner
Ranked #21 of 28 Restaurants in Virginia City
Reviewed 4 September 2015

I did not research eating places in Virginia City before our visit, so come around lunch time, our family stumbled into Sawdust Corner because it looked pleasant and family friendly.
The food prices were fair, considering that we were in a tourist town. Unformtunately the food quality and service was poor. The server mostly ignored us, and when she did stop by, she was not friendly.

Reviewed 1 September 2015

We had enjoyed every meal we had in Virginia City until we ate at the Sawdust. The waitress was horrible and the food was absolutely awful. The server was bad. I mean really bad. Thank goodness we had a bus-boy or we wouldn't have had any service at all. More than just a clever name.. Everything tasted like Sawdust..

Reviewed 10 August 2015 via mobile

Definitely just average food, nice atmosphere. Most of our group had breakfast and was pleased. I had Killer burrito and it was just okay, barely warm when served.

Reviewed 31 July 2015 via mobile

I love the decor of this restaurant. Waitresses are dressed in the old Victorian style. Unfortunately the staff do not know how to smile. They kinda make you feel like you like you are an inconvenience. The waitress didn't even know what kind of soup they were serving that day. We had the philly steak lunch special. It was good but not great. There were very little onions and peppers and nothing at all on the bun so it made it a little dry. I asked for some mayo and horseradish and they brought it out in plastic to go cups. This place is so pretty, but they make it seem like you are dining in a low life joint. The French fries were pretty good. We had to wait forever for the check. What a shame because I was here last year and the food was real good as was the service. Not sure if I will return

Reviewed 21 July 2015

Like: friendly waitress in period costume (or maybe she just dresses like that?) She left the entire pitcher of water at our table for us to drink. I'm visiting from drought-stricken CA where you don't even get a glass of water at a restaurant without begging for it.

Dislike: the food. Wow, I think maybe I was served someone's leftovers. There were so many flies buzzing around our (indoor) table once the food was served that we were taking turns swatting them away while the other tried to get a bite of food. Eventually we gave up.

This place has something like 6 security cameras just in the dining room. You'd think with all that tech they would figure out a way to be sanitary...