All reviews latin soul timbers restaurant prime rib and lobster nevada beach clean rooms pool and hot tub nice stay bed was comfortable room was large a great place to stay slot machines glenbrook casino tahoe gambling lake fun
Reviewed 4 September 2012

It isn't a five star resort, but it is small, quaint, and comfortable. Only half a mile from the main casinos, it's easily within walking distance and has a very relaxed vibe. The pool and hot tub are nice, and the Timber House restaurant has fabulous food at a reasonable price! The staff is really friendly and nice (except for one really surly bartender that we've deemed "Mr. Grumpy Pants"). The decor is very rustic and circa 1970, but in my humble opinion, just adds to the cabin-like feel. Beds are very comfortable, showers work well and no issues with hot water. If you are looking for lake views, high-end amenities, room service, and fancy casinos, Lakeside Inn is not for you! If you are looking for a comfortable bed, great food and reasonable price, then this is a great place to stay!

Room Tip: one of the buildings, the Glenbrook, was recently upgraded. You can also request one that is poolside. The front desk is very helpful in choosing a room location.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Redhotroja
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Hmm, never judge a hotel site that shows a view of a lake over the roof. I booked this, fairly much sight unseen, over the internet. Lake Tahoe - beautiful, right? Yes, it definitely is but, you won't see it from the inn's namesake. But, what do you get?

Well, the decor is charmingly rustic - the exterior shingles are mirrored in the room. We stayed in a king bed room on the ground (in the U.S. called the first) floor. Great for unpacking and re-packing our car. No view from the porch but it was nice to have a porch in the first place. Also, shame about the dangerous ripples/wrinkles in the floor carpet which are a potential tripping hazard.

The casino. We parked up out front (not realising the Reception was at the side) and I walked through the casino. It was smoky and crowded; not at all pleasant or enticing. As a result we didn't visit the casino here (but we did visit a nice casino along the road).

The other problem and, a minor one, was that the bath tap did not produce hot water. I called Reception and a maintenance man came. He said the valve had gone and it could take up to three hours to replace. His suggestion was to run the shower tap into the bath. When I checked out today I mentioned the problem again.

Upsides? The bed was comfortable and I had a good sleep despite our room being right at the edge of the building. Its close to other casinos. And, the breakfast was good.

All in all, moderate value but I think I might have chosen elsewhere given a second chance.

1  Thank Amethyst_Cat_Oz
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We just had our wedding party stay at this hotel. In the beginning we were very happy with how everything was set up. WELL - On our check out day - not only were our guest greeted with staff knocking at the doors at 8am to clean the rooms (check out was at noon) - but as a Bride - we forgot a couple expensive items. Within a half hour of leaving. We made 7 phone calls to get the items - and was passed around to multiple people, including security, who told my husband they would check the room and call back After 8 hours - we had to call back to find out that the items were not there. Then the next day the QA Mananger (Stacy) calls and flat out refused to believe that her staff would have taken the items - and accused OUR family of taking them. Granted we forgot the items - but be honest - to accuse the family - I blame the hotel for lying and stealing.

WE WILL NEVER STAY IN SUCH A PLACE AGAIN. And don't stay in the jacuzzi suite - the air conditioner does not work. The family in front of us checking out were complaining and they all just look at them like they didn't care.

This place is a joke. They ruined everything.

Room Tip: Stay some place else
8  Thank Tami08182012
Reviewed 24 August 2012

When we checked into this hotel, they wished my husband a happy birthday and he was given several coupons to use, including $30 off on our hotel room which was awesome! Our room was nice and everything very clean. We had asked for a quiet room on the 2nd floor and were given room 278 at the end of the building which was very quiet indeed. Our window looked out on another building that had no windows so there was a lot of privacy although no view. The bathroom had plenty of space for all of my "stuff" that I need to use every morning. Bed was comfortable. Air conditioning was adjustable. We played the slots for awhile at the casino downstairs and did OK, i.e., I didn't lose any money and was able to play quite awhile on what I put in. We had dinner in the main dining room and it was very good!

Room Tip: For a quiet nights sleep ask for a 2nd floor room "in a quiet location".
Reviewed 14 August 2012

we enjoyed the location of this hotel, the room and bathroom sizes were good, the location of the air conditioning was not good the bed and curtains were blocking the air flow, the pool and hot tub were great, we would come back here
although finding where to check in wasn't easy should have signs

Room Tip: i would get an upper room
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family