4,588 results
All reviews lake tahoe separate bathrooms full bathrooms friday's station executive room food court forest buffet diamond lounge american river cafe top floor slot machines table games great room total rewards heavenly gondola casino floor casino hotel
Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

The stay at the hotel was very quiet and very comfortable. The room was very nice and spacious; it even had two separate and loaded full bathrooms. It was located within walking distance to just about everything near the state line. It is also located right next to the lake.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael V
Reviewed 28 June 2016

The room was very nice. Recently updated and very clean with two bathrooms! We had a great view of the lake and mountains. I did not give this rating a 5 because of the food quality. The buffet was over crowded and the food was not the best although the pricing was pretty good. The café was nice but expensive. We celebrated our anniversary at Harrah's and had dinner at the Hardrock Café. The burgers are great if you can handle paying $18 for a burger. The mac and cheese was the worst I have had sent it back. The casino play was not terrible but did get some play for the money. Overall it was a nice stay just would try and find another place to eat that won't break the bank although that is tough in Tahoe.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

As a Total Rewards Member was told that they needed card number to get my hotel rate for the room I wanted. I did not have my card as I had replacement, at this point the reservation agent said there was nothing they could do. They would not quote me a Total Rewards rate without my card number. So I had my parents, who were staying at the time, reserve a room under their Total Rewards. I ended up in a smoking room because it was claimed that was the last room available even though that wasn't true when I called Reservations.

Upon entry to the room it smelled of smoke and a faint smell of an awful odor. We noticed that the TV/Desk Credenza was pulled out and several items were unplugged. Trying to figure out what was going on, I opened the mini fridge and the smell was awful as it was unplugged and left in disrepair. The devices plug in the bed end table was also plugged in. I had to plug in devices and troubleshoot problems with YOUR room.

On top of this I had to pay a "Resort Fee" for stuff I had no use of. I did NOT want WiFi services, or exercise room access. Your "Resort Fee" is purely an attempt to show lower rate rooms while forcing your customers to pay $25 on top of advertised room rates. If I am forced to pay this fee, it IS the room rate. Quit playing games.

Room Tip: $25 required resort fee, keep that in mind when booking.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2016

Excellent location, buffet great food with awesome view, mattresses def need replacing, would like security to enforce non smoking areas like by elevators & pool area, indoor, Nevadas clean air law says only smoking in casino areas, def not enforced

Room Tip: Mattress very soft, used & sagged in middle, we both had a sore back in am
1  Thank John B
Reviewed 28 June 2016

Because I was expecting a "little more". I titled this as above. First off, Lake Tahoe from almost any angle, is a Million Dollar View, you CAN'T lose!!....The second deepest lake in all of America(second only to Crater Lake), Tahoe's water is Crystal Blue on all perimeters and boasts a smooth constant breeze making day trips for a few hours very pleasing and exhilarating(although,we didn't go).There are many public beaches to go to and never seem crowded, a few are populated heavily by college kids from nearby University of Nevada, but NOT rowdy Spring Breakers!! We were there June 22-25(for my birthday).The hotel upon arriving in our rental car was not easy to find the entrance for Valet or self, so we ducked into the next, more obviously marked driveway, and worked our way around the back to self-parking, and hoofed our heavy carry-on bags a good half city block to the hotel entrance . Hotel lobby was gorgeous with lots of marble and appointments and we checked in rather quickly, about 5 minutes. Our host, assistant Front Desk Mgr. Gabriel was most gracious and professional an offered us a Lake View room on the 11th floor but cautioned that it was right around the corner from the "noisy" elevator or optioned us to available lower rooms with no view. We took the 11th Floor w/view and never heard the elevators, LOL! Beautifully decorated room w/ Feng Shui coordinates, like a semi-lit Birch Bark mural to the ceiling Headboard to give a light "woodsy" feeling, very calming and Serene. His and Her Bathrooms? Yes!! How cool is that?? I took the smaller sink with glass door shower and gave my Lady Friend the larger sink room with tub(which she never used, so she did use mine only to shower) but spent over 45 minutes a day in hers , in front of the mirror, guys/ladies...you can ALL relate!! So two bathrooms gives this room an easy 5 stars!! Large TV was ok during the day(when we occasionally went up there). but at night, before bed, the TV was way too dark to view and enjoy. The Casino and Gaming experience was rather disappointing. Our first trip down, an hour after checking in, we found a couple of machines to try and then got blasted away from that section because the night time band(60's 70' tribute) was doing a LOUD Sound Check!!?? Come on guys, I'm a professional musician, you DON'T do a sound check with lots of patrons 30 feet away four hours prior to your show. I almost complained but figured "Screw It" , I didn't want to appear like a know-it-all. But, they WERE wrong!! Maybe a Harrah's rep on that property can speak with them. The machines that I played were overly tight, never had more than a 15 to 20 dollar win, and it took forever to ever get a bonus round. The casino floor and room were rather dark and floor layout kind of confusing and "older looking", maybe in need of a makeover, but then again, that's only my opinion. If you sat at a machine anywhere near the Craps tables you experienced extra loud cheers and High Fives when somebody scored, but that's what you expect sitting that close...after all, it's NOT a library.. answer: find a machine away from the ACTION...On the second day I wanted to play horses and asked for the Sports Book, oops!! No such luck, told to go under the street via a tunnel, and walk a half a mile all the way to the back of sister property Harvey's, and there it is.....Gamed in there two days for a few hours each day......not enough tellers so if that's your thing, stand up early 3 minutes before the race or you'll get shut out. Nice perk there as at a machine, the waitress comes by about every 10 minutes an offers complimentary drinks(you just tip, always do). I had 3 coffee/Bailey's each day over two hours and that would have been about 8 bucks each at a typical Indian based casino....also gamed at Harvey's and money seemed to last a bit longer but not much.....Overall Casino Experience was a bit disappointing so I'd rate it only 2 stars...Overall Hotel experience 4 and 1/2 stars....Overall Vibe and Atmosphere Outside: 10 Stars(yes, even on a 5 star rating!!) .On the last night we walked down the street for over an hour south into California and experienced a great feeling about the Rustic shops,many open air pizza places and Live music of all kinds, a big haven during the winter for skiers(we don't).Hope this review helps all of you thinking about a trip to South Lake Tahoe.

Room Tip: Make sure you get there early enough to get a Lake View......Big PLUS!!
2  Thank DanielNevada