“Comfiest bed ever!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cardiff, South Wales, UK
“Comfiest bed ever!!”
Reviewed 5 February 2012

We finally arrived at this hotel after a 3.5 hour detour as the the I50 into Lake Tahoe from San Francisco was closed with no warning. At getting approximately 30 minutes to the hotel we were greeted by the local police to say the road was closed due to construction work! (May 2011). The detour was 3.5 hours along some frightening roads and at the point it went dark - if honest it was the most scariest road experience in my life!! Anyway..... we got to the hotel at 11pm... Check in was a breeze and after explaining to the check in desk about our issue they offered us a later check out - which was nice. We threw our stuff in the room and went straight down to the casino for a look, a gamble and a drink. We had a look, a gamble but could not get served for a drink - the waitress wanted ID - and wouldn't accept our british drivers licence - she wanted a passport - which I wasn't prepared to get - it was in our room and i was too tired. I couldn't see the point, they were fine for us to gamble where I believe the age is 21 but they wouldn't serve us a drink. Lol.

After our night in the casino we went back to our room and crashed out - we were shattered. I don't think my head hit the pillow and we both fell asleep. The bed was soooo comfy. In fact it was probably the comfiest bed I had ever slept in and it was huge!!

In the morning I was keen to see our view from the room - it was worth the wait. Beautiful!!

We had breakfast in the hotel - can't remember the name but it was on the top floor. It was a little on the pricey side for breakfast - it was a buffet. Great selection and fantastic views.

We didn't have internet in our room as we were only staying for the 1 night so I tried the business centre - $10 for 10 minutes but I desperately needed it to get some help to try and fix my SLR camera which was playing up :(..... I found a forum with some help so thought I'd print some pages out to read in the car whilst travelling to our next destination. i did not realise the cost per print before printing (per sheet) was $1.50 for b&w or $3 for colour - my printout was 14 pages - luckily I chose black and white! My bill was $31 and nothing in my printout helped to fix my camera :( Thought this was very expensive.

Price for the room was reasonable, nice rooms and would stay again.

I would recommend to anyone going to Lake Tahoe to arrive in the daylight - at night the drive especially if taking the I88 was frightening. The I50 was not so bad.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank laur3njayn3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (872)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 February 2012

The best thing about this hotel are the rooms. They are spacious, bright, clean and updated (except for the tv's, it's 2012, time for an upgrade to flat screen, really!). There are two full bathrooms in each suite, the bathrooms are clean and updated. The restaurants are ok, the casino smokey. The hotel is within walking distance of the gondola. Overall, not a bad place to stay if you get a good price.

Room Tip: Get a high floor for great views of the lake and mountains.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank TravellingAT
Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Very comfortable rooms at a reasonable price. I've stayed here here 3 out of the last 4 times I'm come to Tahoe over the last 10 years, in summer, spring and winter. Great casino, scenery, lake and skiing. Every season is fine, although some people prefer one over the other. There is also a paddlewheel boat you can go out on the lake for a cruise.

Excellent furnishings + good prices = great value.There are also a lot of small shops on both sides of the road which surround Lake Tahoe, so you can't go wrong here on a short vacation, honeymoon, etc.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Domino1969
Giddings, Texas
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Our first visit to S. Lake Tahoe was the best experience. We arrive at our hotel early and were allowed to check in. The room had a view of the lake and mountains, his & her bathrooms and plenty of room. The mini bar was well stocked, however you have to pay for everything, even the water and coffee. That was the only thing about the room that was a negative. Everything else was amazing!

Room Tip: The south facing rooms look at the mountain range and the lake.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rungrl4life
San Antonio
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Havimg 2 bath rooms is a big plus for 2 gay guys who are are shaving and primping at the same time. But that's not the only cause to stay at Harra's. The staff is very. very friendly. Lets start out:
#1... the vallets are the there to take your car the second you drive in... the bell men are right there to unpack your car and get you out of the cold. 5 stars already. The front desk will check you in in a snap... if you have your confirmation and ID in hand. The people in front of us did't and held us up. Not the hotel's fault... fault the Oklahoma folks who had never stayed in a "fancy motel" before. The desk clerk was much appogetic.
Sarah checked us in and Matt was right behind us with our bags on a cart.
#2
We got to the room and I did the once-over to make all was OK before the bellman left (as we all should do..... check it out before the bellman leaves) The room was what we requested. Matt put our bags up, checked the thermostat and the drapes (as every good bellman shoud do) and asked if we would like something to eat (it was noon) what bellman is concerned with you that much? We said we were ok and the room was great. HE referd us to a pizza place downstairs in the lobby area/food court if we wanted a snack and opened the room service menu if we wanted a full lunch. HE helped us put our bags away. Best bell-boy service ever and we tipped him as such... as you all shoul do.

#3 ... stripped off my clothes to a swim suit and went straight to the pool. It is so nice in the dead of winter to go to the pool under the sun dome and actually get a tan in the dead of winter.
The rest of our stay was equivelant... Mara was our housekeeper and kept our room perfect. We have stayed at Harveys, LakeSide Inn. Forrest Suites and Other places and they were all very nice. But none equal the cutomer service you get here

harrah's

Room Tip: I am disabled so a room close to the elevators was asked for and given ....
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Collieguy4
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stateline
0.4 km away
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#9 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Lakeside Inn and Casino
#2 of 9 in Stateline
37.9 km away
The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe

Been to Harrah's Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!