All reviews edgewood restaurant beautiful property fourth of july large fireplace adventure center travelzoo voucher every afternoon room fireplace beautiful destination heated pool and hot tub golf clubhouse shores of lake amazing fireworks outdoor fire hotel shuttle coffee shop luxury hotel
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this new, grand, and beautiful resort for 3 nights. Where should I start? The hotel was simply amazing. Our rooms were spacious, clean, updated, cozy, and with never ending views. I am so happy that I chose this hotel because of its location (which is near the lake nestled between pine trees), friendly staff, complimentary shuttle services to the village, casinos, and heavenly resort, and quality of rooms. The toilets were huge and designed for comfort. The beds were super comfortable which made the stay so pleasant with a fireplace. The choice of restaurants is varied and the food was delicious. The concierge team was very knowledgeable and helpful. My kids enjoyed making s’mores every night at the fire pits and swimming in the outdoor pool.
I will definitely return to this awesome resort. Well done Edgewood Tahoe!!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Amal1371
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed at the lodge two times now, and love it. The lodge itself is beautiful. Combines nature with modern touches. The valet staff are awesome! Very prompt and friendly service. The shuttle takes you all around town. It’s pretty awesome! No Uber’s! Front desk staff are very friendly and attentive. You receive a glass of champagne upon check-in, which always starts a vacation off right. The bell-staff, housekeeping, room service staff, concierge, and all the staff are very friendly. No complaints on any of the service. Very prompt housekeeping! Requested slippers and they delivered them within minutes! The rooms...what can I say?! They’re warm and inviting, but have modern touches. They all have firesplaces, patios, or balconies, and a soaking tub. Beds are comfortable and cozy. Love the decor! They have a fitness center, an amazing spa (full-service), two stores, a coffee shop, The Bistro restaurant, a bar with lounge area, and an outdoor heated (year round) pool/jacuzzi area.

The only complaint I have is sometimes the service at The Bistro is hit or miss. The service staff is often slow and inattentive. The food is pretty tasty. No complaints on that. However, it’s not really that big of a deal, and hasn’t kept me from dinning at the restaurant.

The bar is awesome! They staff is awesome! The drinks are tasty, the people are friendly, and you can order the full restaurant menu. Love it.

I highly recommend staying! Super relaxing, romantic, and it’s the outdoors! I’ll be back in a week! :)

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristin R
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Brand new resort with many amenities and great atmosphere. However, the customer services are inconsistent, def. needs some improvement.

We were first greeted with the valet and they were great. Check in was quick and we had a general tour of the hotel. Our double queen size room was cozy with great bathroom amenities. Love the Aveeda products and double vanities.

We did ask for a diaper pail and baby crib, but didn’t have any available. The property is gorgeous and has a very great vibe. We love coming back for the hotel for a rest of other activities.

We did use the pool, outdoor area and the Edgewood Camp. All of these were great complimentary amenities. We especially enjoyed the camp, where you can do arts and craft or play with the kids, with no extra charge. Parents have to be on site with kids that are under 3 years of age. They charge $20 for childcare if they are over 5 years of age. It was great after a long day to let kids play around the area. They have tons of games and crafts, open from 9AM-3PM.

Our kids also enjoyed the S’mores everybight around the fire pit from 4:30PM-6PM. Awesome experience for the whole family.

CONS:
Very inconsistent costumer services, some were very helpful and some straight up rude. From the bar area and restuarnt area, staff just didn’t seem to care for us. Made us feel really unwelcomed. I expect a lil more at a 5 stars hotel.

Room service took an hour and when I tried to call back to check the status, no one answered. I was baffled. I understand it wasn’t the housekeeping’s fault. I think they overworked. I noticed housekeeping were cleaning rooms from day to night.

Valet were also inconsistent, some were very friendly and some were not.

Overall, great hotel and would def. come back, but hopefully customer services would be more consistent. I feel like they are missing something to complete picture perfect vacation.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank cranqee66
Reviewed 29 December 2017

Beautiful property and excellent service by the staff. This is a new property, which was completed about 6 months ago, as an addition to the existing Edgewood Golf Course. The setting cannot be beat, as it's on the shore of S. Lake Tahoe, and 1/4 mile from the Heavenly Gondola and the strip, yet the setting is completly tranquil. When you walk in, you'll be amazed by the great room, which looks out onto the lake (like a national park lodge). They place a big priority on guest service, which you would expect for the premium price. The Tahoe area needed a facility like this, to compete with places like the Ritz Carlton, on the North Shore. The rooms, the common area fireplaces, the pool/hot tub, and restaurants are very nice. Experienced some "new hotel" related service issues at the restaurant, which you can be sure they'll address if they want to truly compete in the premium market. The majority of the staff are excellent, but there is some inconsistency, as some of the staff are brand new. My wife waited and waited at breakfast for someone to take her order, and she eventually just got up and ate at the coffee shop. The have a shuttle that takes you around to wherever you want to go in town, which was super convenient for skiing and going to dinner. The gym is smallish, which was dissapointing but wasn't a huge deal as we were there to ski and enjoy the outdoors.

Overall an excellent stay and a beautiful...and NEW property in S. Lake Tahoe. We'll be back!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

There are a number of factors that go into making a resort exceptional - the atmosphere, the decor, the amenities, the quality of food and drink... and most importantly the customer experience, the way you are treated by the staff. If good customer experience is important to you then don’t be fooled by the beautiful settings at Edgewood. We had barely sat down at the bare before we experienced the exceptionally rude bar staff. Suggesting that rather than the menu we had requested we simply “just look at the bottles behind the bar” before deciding we couldn’t be served with British driving licences anyway (no evidence can be found this is actually Nevada state law as suggested.) We ended up leaving before even ordering a drink, and cancelled our spa and New Year’s Day dinner bookings on the way out - certainly not the way you’d like to be spoken to celebrating the new year! Will not be returning and certainly do not recommend, there are far better places in Tahoe with wonderful customer experience.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends