“Won’t be back!”

Montbleu Resort Casino & Spa
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Stateline
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

This was a trip to celebrate a birthday! We were very excited. The hotel looked like it was going to be very nice but we were disappointed. The front desk woman was rude. She seemed angry or just real unhappy. There was no welcome there. We went up to our room and it smelled like cigarettes. I’m not a smoker so it was real obvious to me. We asked for another room and the other front desk person was kind enough to put us in another room. Neither room had a bathtub. So no warming up in a hot bath after a day in the snow. Housekeeping was obviously not very sharp as there was a red stir straw on a baseboard ledge of the bathroom and there was a spilled drink on the wall. The next day they did not pick up the towels that I put in a pile on the floor. They also came knocking on our door at 8:00 waking us up. The mirror in the bathroom had splatters from the previous guests. It never got wiped down. We went down to the restaurant and were served mostly fatty prime rib a baked potato and really delicious vegetables. The servers were very nice and attentive. We went out to the casino area and started to gamble. The slot machines were entertaining and we would have stayed longer but we couldn’t get drink service. The cocktail waitresses were a rare sight so we ended up going elsewhere so we could have better service.
We went to the pool area. The hot tub was nice but it filled up quickly. The pool was cold so we didn’t go in there. It would have been nice to have a tub. I wanted to do some shopping but was put off by a rude shopkeeper in the one with the snow jackets, hats and gloves.
To sum it up the visit was a mix of good and bad. The staff, except two people, was friendly. The room was average. Housekeeping needs to improve. The casino part needs more cocktail waitresses.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank glampingforevor

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

Rooms and casino were clean. Door to the bathroom was very difficult to shut, but the bathroom itself was tidy and had a big walk in shower. We initially booked online and got a steal of a deal on the room. When we tried to extend, they would not allow us to have the same price that our friends had received online. The only food we tried at the hotel was from the Asian restaurant which had slow service and the food was not the best. There are plenty of other places within walking distance which was nice.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 January 2018

the context: We booked a room through Priceline for one night, then found out that we were free from other plans and wanted to stay the whole weekend. Should be easy to book the extra night, right? Well it was, we were able to change our reservation with only minor difficulty through Priceline.

the problem: We arrive on what was supposed to be the first night of our stay, and the hotel says that they have no record of us arriving that night, and that they received the request to extend our stay for that night and the following night, but they inexplicably canceled the modification request. They then tell me to call Priceline because this isn't their issue. I ask if we could just get a room for that night anyway and roll that in with the booking they did have for the next night, and they said that they had no rooms available. A phone call to Priceline after finding a room across the street (luckily) led to them calling the hotel, then blaming the hotel for the issue, and saying that the hotel is offering a room upgrade for the trouble (this, in fact, was a lie, as we ended up in the same class of room), and Priceline offering a small partial refund for the trouble. Upon check-in the next day at the Montbleu, I asked the front desk clerk what had happened with the canceled night, and they still maintained the position it was Priceline's fault. Informing her that I don't care who's fault it was, I got hung out to dry on that first night with very little help from the hotel, she said she'd talk to her manager and would get back to me within the hour (this never happened).

the wacky: Having mostly written off the whole thing as a bad experience, I go to the lobby to ask about late check out. The same clerk I asked this of was the same one who checked us in, so I asked her whatever happened to the follow-up with that. She looks over at her manager and says "I spoke with him, and...", and the manager rather rudely says to her "and WHAT?" "well, we're sorry that happened, but there's nothing we can do for you" (which, I iterate, is not something I had not asked for). The manager goes on to say that the systems aren't talking to each other and they're working on that. I again make clear that I don't care who's to blame or what the issue was, that I got left in the cold (almost literally) over the issue. The manager again apologizes, and that's that.

the conclusion: Management of this hotel really lacks motivation for fixing their own mistakes or backend issues, and does not seem interested in working with guests to correct the downstream issues that it causes for their guests (at the very least, after arriving to a canceled stay, I would have appreciated some help in trying to find accommodation elsewhere or some more legwork from the front desk clerk). As a tip, if you make any modifications to your reservation at this hotel, I recommend following up with the hotel to be certain they have made the changes.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

We stay here a lot, this hotel can be a hit or miss. The hot tub in the private spa is still broken, it's been broken for close to 3 months. But they still charge you $10 to use the private spa. This time we checked into our room and the safe was missing. I spoke to 3 different people at the hotel in an attempt to get a safe put into the room, I was simply blowed off by everyone. I never got a safe put in the room. Otherwise the room was nice.

They are charging different prices for tickets for the NYE party. I bought my ticket on 12/22 and the charged me $85.02, now they advertised $70 in advanced, $75 week of the event, $80 day of... I bought my ticket 9 days in advance at the box office at Monte Bleu. Well that is simply false advertising (but nobody cares and it was totally disgusting to listen to them to try to explain this BS, lies). Plus I love how Monte Bleu charges transaction and credit card processing fees for an event at their own hotel.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

Room was spacious and clean,great channels on TV. Staff was friendly and prompt with answering requests. Complaints would be that there is no fridge or microwave. For the price the should be included. Also all the fees were a bit extreme.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stateline
0.2 km away
Lakeside Inn and Casino
#2 of 9 in Stateline
0.7 km away
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#7 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe
0.4 km away
Harveys Lake Tahoe
Harveys Lake Tahoe
#3 of 9 in Stateline

Been to Montbleu Resort Casino & Spa? Share your experiences!