All reviews lodging experience power strip pet fee in house restaurant front desk staff reward points lower floor bed was comfortable excellent stay downtown reno long walk shuttle nugget nevada walmart uber
Reviewed 3 January 2010

I've had to drive through Reno a few times on my way in and out of California. Until I found this place, I kept searching for a clean, quiet place to stay without the noise, hassle and second hand smoke of adjoining casinos and restaurants. Many of the negative posts for this place I think were because they were renovating. Well, all that's over as the more recent reviews will tell you. The room (including the bathroom) was quite spacious for a standard with a King size bed and clean, despite the furniture being a little worn. They were very accommodating and welcoming to our pet. Room service was prompt though you can't order any time of the night, not even at the front desk. There are ice machines in only some of the floors. There's no fan in the bathroom. And, while the fitness center is inside, the pool is outside.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SolarSoar
Reviewed 26 October 2009

We had been given a recommendation of this hotel by a friend. It is quiet, reasonably priced and convenient location. We found that all to be true. We had a very quiet night's sleep. Glad there was no casino at this location. We came up from the south on the McCarren Rd. city bypass and were getting on I-80. Very easy to get to.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2009

Excellent location for our purposes. The bed was so comfortable. We both had one of the best "motel" nights sleep ever.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2009

This hotel was very much a last minute addition to our holiday plans,I got the impression from the website that this hotel was close to Reno's nightlife or at least some nightlife.
Our problems started with finding the place,our GPS took us off I80 at jct 18 & down to a juntion with Nugget Avenue with instructions to turn left,this we did but turned around afyter about 100 yards convinced that we were in the wrong place,for one thing the hotel address is shown as East Nugget Avenue,here we were on Nugget Avenue & all we could see was road & rail distribution yards & oil storage tanks,lots of them,something had to be wrong,after driving around for ages with no luck a very kind lady assured us that we were in the correct place to start with!
So belatedly we arrived,really not knowing what to expect from a hotel in such a location,we also found that the airport is pretty close by,we shouldn't have worried,the hotel & all the staff we encountered were superb,lovely room(pity about the view!),superb pool & spa area,nice outside seating area with tables & a bbq & we enjoyed an excellent meal in the bar & grill on our first night(although that closed at 9pm).
There is a Dennys & a Mexican restaurant next door but for any other signs of life you have to travel,we found shops & two excellent casinos about a 15 minute walk away on the other side of I80,one of which in particular(Western Village) had three restaurants,the two we used were always busy & had very good food & drinks at very low prices,we did try a walk into downtown Sparks one Saturday morning to find a pretty desolate place.
In view of the surroundings our room was surprisingly quiet,large,well equipped & superbly comfortable.
This was a strange lodging experience for us,we really loved the hotel but what a strange place to find one,altrhough I believe that the hotel has been there for some time,possibly before it's neighbours,we would highly recommend it for an overnighter on your travels,a real shame as IMO it deserves much more.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2009

This HOTEL is a renovated "Quality Inn", but has the QUALITY you expect from the Holiday Inn brand! This is truly a hotel, on somewhat of a grand scale. When you enter the lobby, you "feel" and see the grand design, and plush decor! This HOTEL has room service as well, and Wi-Fi! Extra electrical outlets are available for your computing needs! After you work out in the fitness room, you may decide to go for a swim, then back to the room and order room service!

I was at this hotel about 10 months ago, and it was still in construction mode, I almost thought it wouldn't be too different, but I am very impressed with the money spent here! My room is large, large enough for two people to feel comfortable, no doubt! (see my photos!) I have to say, this is one of the top five nicest hotels/motels I have reviewed here! :)

Access is very easy, right off of the freeway, and close to downtown Reno so you can get at it quickly (grin). Right next door, literally, is a Denny's, so 24/7 dining is at hand as well! You will find news paper machines down stairs along with vending machines, in the vestibule to the elevator.

The fitness room, is across from the vending, and away from the lobby down a wide hallway. I think this hotel would even be a good place for newlyweds to stay at, as well as family's, and Seniors! Business folks will feel comfortable here to! I have not experienced any noisy neighbors either, could be good insulation, or a slow time for the hotel, not sure. I applaud the renovation, they done good! ;)

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business