“Delicious”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cashill
Reviewed 29 November 2016

We went there after visiting Italy in July. The entrees were just as fresh and delicious as meals we had during our trip. Look forward to next visit!

Reviewed 13 October 2016

Nice decor with view of downtown Reno. Had a fantastic pumpkin sage ravioli with sausage. Hubby had traditional rigatoni with eggplant--a huge portion. Our friend liked her chicken parmigiana although it looked plain to me. Service was adequate.

Reviewed 17 September 2016

My birthday dinner this year. Reserves thru Open Table worked great. Asked to set on the patio and it is lovely. View of Reno casino skyline. I would go again for carpaccio and wine and set on the patio.

The carpaccio was good. Our other appetizer was underwhelming - the sausage links.

I ordered salmon and it was over cooked to my liking. It came with a choice of sides and I ordered creamy polenta which was very good. The other entree on the plate was fennel and it was not my favorite thing. Small portion of salmon. $22.00.

Three others in our party had specials. The waiter did not disclose price so if that matters be sure to ask. Two had the halibut. One in the party likes hers well done and she loved it. She had a side of the roasted vegetables and liked them. One in our party was disappointed that the halibut was cooked well done. One in our party had the glazed duck breast and had a side of risotto. He liked everything. I had a taste and liked the duck but I am not a fan of this risotto.

We had wine and cocktails. We had sparkling water. Two in our party had coffee. One of us had ice cream (gelato) and one had tiramisu. My hazelnut ice cream was good but was not like the gelato in Italy. The tiramisu was good.

Our server did a great job and again, the ambiance on the patio is worth going for. Next time I will try the norms like pasta, the pizza, the moderate priced menu items. $275 after tip.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

I had Lingune Seafood. What I got was spaghetti noodles in a reddish soupy sauce. The dish was dominated by clams in the shell. I ate about half and abandoned the effort. I shared my opinion with the waiter who took it to his manager. The manager just said sorry that's the way it is. We were there for our 30th anniversary. Maybe we go back in another 30 years.

Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

Have been here several times. As often, very busy (good sign). Waiters superb. Food was good, but not excellent. Appetizers were reasonable (calamari ok, mozzarella with tomato good), main course mixed: pork chops were over cooked, risotto excellent, desert good. Wine very good. Overall good not excellent (this time).

Been to La Vecchia Italian Ristorante? Share your experiences!