“Pleasant neighborhood Italian restaurant”

La Vecchia Italian Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
La Vecchia Italian Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #115 of 957 Restaurants in Reno
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cashill
Reviewed 13 October 2016

Nice decor with view of downtown Reno. Had a fantastic pumpkin sage ravioli with sausage. Hubby had traditional rigatoni with eggplant--a huge portion. Our friend liked her chicken parmigiana although it looked plain to me. Service was adequate.

Reviewed 17 September 2016

My birthday dinner this year. Reserves thru Open Table worked great. Asked to set on the patio and it is lovely. View of Reno casino skyline. I would go again for carpaccio and wine and set on the patio.

The carpaccio was good. Our other appetizer was underwhelming - the sausage links.

I ordered salmon and it was over cooked to my liking. It came with a choice of sides and I ordered creamy polenta which was very good. The other entree on the plate was fennel and it was not my favorite thing. Small portion of salmon. $22.00.

Three others in our party had specials. The waiter did not disclose price so if that matters be sure to ask. Two had the halibut. One in the party likes hers well done and she loved it. She had a side of the roasted vegetables and liked them. One in our party was disappointed that the halibut was cooked well done. One in our party had the glazed duck breast and had a side of risotto. He liked everything. I had a taste and liked the duck but I am not a fan of this risotto.

We had wine and cocktails. We had sparkling water. Two in our party had coffee. One of us had ice cream (gelato) and one had tiramisu. My hazelnut ice cream was good but was not like the gelato in Italy. The tiramisu was good.

Our server did a great job and again, the ambiance on the patio is worth going for. Next time I will try the norms like pasta, the pizza, the moderate priced menu items. $275 after tip.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

I had Lingune Seafood. What I got was spaghetti noodles in a reddish soupy sauce. The dish was dominated by clams in the shell. I ate about half and abandoned the effort. I shared my opinion with the waiter who took it to his manager. The manager just said sorry that's the way it is. We were there for our 30th anniversary. Maybe we go back in another 30 years.

Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

Have been here several times. As often, very busy (good sign). Waiters superb. Food was good, but not excellent. Appetizers were reasonable (calamari ok, mozzarella with tomato good), main course mixed: pork chops were over cooked, risotto excellent, desert good. Wine very good. Overall good not excellent (this time).

Reviewed 22 May 2016

Our daughter-in-laws birthday was the perfect occasion to visit La Vecchia, one of our favorite restaurants in Reno. The staff did not disappoint - from Julio, our waiter, & his 10,000 watt smile, to the impeccable & quick service, to the masterfully crafted dinner dishes, this was a phenomenal night.

On the special's menu was filet mignon - & it was perfectly cooked, almost melting in my mouth. My wife & son got the beef raviolis w/extra bolognese sauce... as usual, it was perfect. My daughter in law got the seafood ravioli special & was blown away by the quantity & quality of the dinner. So good!

We finished with tiramisu - its not the best I've ever had, but it is good.

We're already looking for another event to visit La Vecchia - its fine dining, so its not cheap, but I think the dinner, ambiance, & service were worth it.