“Bad Food,Bad Experience”

La Vecchia Italian Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
La Vecchia Italian Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #109 of 959 Restaurants in Reno
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cashill
Reviewed 25 July 2016

I had Lingune Seafood. What I got was spaghetti noodles in a reddish soupy sauce. The dish was dominated by clams in the shell. I ate about half and abandoned the effort. I shared my opinion with the waiter who took it to his manager. The manager just said sorry that's the way it is. We were there for our 30th anniversary. Maybe we go back in another 30 years.

Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

Have been here several times. As often, very busy (good sign). Waiters superb. Food was good, but not excellent. Appetizers were reasonable (calamari ok, mozzarella with tomato good), main course mixed: pork chops were over cooked, risotto excellent, desert good. Wine very good. Overall good not excellent (this time).

Reviewed 22 May 2016

Our daughter-in-laws birthday was the perfect occasion to visit La Vecchia, one of our favorite restaurants in Reno. The staff did not disappoint - from Julio, our waiter, & his 10,000 watt smile, to the impeccable & quick service, to the masterfully crafted dinner dishes, this was a phenomenal night.

On the special's menu was filet mignon - & it was perfectly cooked, almost melting in my mouth. My wife & son got the beef raviolis w/extra bolognese sauce... as usual, it was perfect. My daughter in law got the seafood ravioli special & was blown away by the quantity & quality of the dinner. So good!

We finished with tiramisu - its not the best I've ever had, but it is good.

We're already looking for another event to visit La Vecchia - its fine dining, so its not cheap, but I think the dinner, ambiance, & service were worth it.

Reviewed 20 April 2016

Ate at La Vecchia with friends - one of the best Italian restaurants I've ever eaten in. The beef ravioli portion was very large (had to take some home) & were incredibly tasty. This rivaled meals my wife & I ate in Rome, & really provides a quiet & elegant ambiance to enjoy great food & good company. Good wine list as well.

To top it off, our server was just present enough - not so much that he hovered, but enough to make sure we had everything we needed at just the right time. I'll definitely go back when I'm in the mood for a special date & raviolis.

1  Thank scoeyd
Reviewed 23 March 2016

Seem to be doing well since moving off of South Virginia St
Quiet, pleasant neighborhood type restaurant. Varied menu. Good wine list Full bar
Greatest smile from waiter Julio (formerly of Luciano's ?)

Been to La Vecchia Italian Ristorante? Share your experiences!