“If you like great Italian food, this is the place!”

La Vecchia Italian Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
La Vecchia Italian Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #115 of 957 Restaurants in Reno
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cashill
Reviewed 22 May 2016

Our daughter-in-laws birthday was the perfect occasion to visit La Vecchia, one of our favorite restaurants in Reno. The staff did not disappoint - from Julio, our waiter, & his 10,000 watt smile, to the impeccable & quick service, to the masterfully crafted dinner dishes, this was a phenomenal night.

On the special's menu was filet mignon - & it was perfectly cooked, almost melting in my mouth. My wife & son got the beef raviolis w/extra bolognese sauce... as usual, it was perfect. My daughter in law got the seafood ravioli special & was blown away by the quantity & quality of the dinner. So good!

We finished with tiramisu - its not the best I've ever had, but it is good.

We're already looking for another event to visit La Vecchia - its fine dining, so its not cheap, but I think the dinner, ambiance, & service were worth it.

Reviewed 20 April 2016

Ate at La Vecchia with friends - one of the best Italian restaurants I've ever eaten in. The beef ravioli portion was very large (had to take some home) & were incredibly tasty. This rivaled meals my wife & I ate in Rome, & really provides a quiet & elegant ambiance to enjoy great food & good company. Good wine list as well.

To top it off, our server was just present enough - not so much that he hovered, but enough to make sure we had everything we needed at just the right time. I'll definitely go back when I'm in the mood for a special date & raviolis.

1  Thank scoeyd
Reviewed 23 March 2016

Seem to be doing well since moving off of South Virginia St
Quiet, pleasant neighborhood type restaurant. Varied menu. Good wine list Full bar
Greatest smile from waiter Julio (formerly of Luciano's ?)

Reviewed 25 February 2016 via mobile

La Vecchia provides great food for a reasonable price. If you go make sure to listen carefully to their specials, they usually (yes I have frequented this restaurant previously) are worth your consideration. Their pastas are great, as well as gnocchi and ravioli dishes. Several deserts are really worth the extra calories, most notably their tiramisu.

1  Thank C-Z-1982
Reviewed 12 February 2016

Fabulous food. My favorites are the veal piccata with a side of caponata. The carpaccio is very good too. Actually every thing is good so it's hard to choose. Nice selection of domestic and Italian wines. Excellent service. Only complaint is the accoustics. It is so loud you can't hear the waiter or even each other. It's nice that they are doing a booming business and it's crowded. But, they need to figure out a way to make it less noisy.