All reviews kitchen utensils convenient location pet fee the wi fi great place to stay smoke
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

This was hands down, the worst experience I have ever had in a hotel. To begin, the website advertised that each room had a kitchenette with cutlery, pans, dishes, etc. but when we arrived the kitchen was completely empty. Everything you might want to use you must ask for at the front desk, nothing is actually in the room when you arrive. When I say nothing, I mean nothing. The room doesn’t even have a coffee maker or a hair dryer unless you ask for it. While this was mildly annoying and a bit of a head scratcher, it wasn’t something that would warrant a bad review. What DOES justify a bad review is the fact that our room was filthy, and the management didn’t seem to care. My 2 year old stuck her head under one of the beds and returned with an empty water bottle, so of course I looked under the beds. Under the 2 beds in our room I found 3 empty water bottles, a fabric softener sheet, an old snack cake wrapper, a handful of old Ritz bits cheese crackers, and miscellaneous crumbs and debris. We packed up all of our stuff so that it was out of the way, and on our way out for the day we stopped to tell the front desk about the situation. We explained the issue and asked that our room be deep cleaned while we were out for the day. The gentleman at the front desk, Patrick, made a joke about how he should hire our toddler to work housekeeping and then told us he would inform the manager. We ended up staying with family that night, so it was a full 24 hours before we returned to the hotel. We walked into our room to see the beds hadn’t been made so we started looking around and discovered NOTHING had been cleaned. Someone had shimmied under the beds to get the big trash pieces, and put new towels in the bathroom, but nothing else had been done. The room hadn’t even been vacuumed. I went back to the front desk and asked to speak with a manager, explaining what was going on. The manager, Pam, just looked at me and said “well, we had someone clean under the beds”. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I couldn’t believe it, I just stared at her for a minute, when I turned to head back to the elevator she said “Miss, if you tell me what you want me to do...” ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Well, for starters maybe DO YOUR JOB! When a guest complains that their room is dirty and asks that it be cleaned your responsibility as a manager is to make sure it gets cleaned, not to have your staff do the absolute bare minimum to “resolve” the issue. Better yet, maybe make sure your staff is doing their jobs and actually cleaning the rooms in the first place. We checked out (a day early) and informed them we would not be paying for another night there. At this point Patrick was back at the front desk and he didn’t even bother to apologize or ask why we were leaving, he just said “well, you’ve already paid because you booked through Expedia”. Wow, ok, great customer service. I will never stay at one of these hotels again, and I will advise everyone I know to never stay in one of their locations either. If it was possible to give less than 1 star I would.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Lissa, please accept my sincere apologies for our hotel not living up to your expectations. We are so sorry for the service and housekeeping issues you experienced and the inconvenience they caused. Cleanliness is a top priority to all of our employees, and we do not take it lightly. We will address this matter with our Head of Housekeeping and with the department associates in order to ensure changes are made immediately to solve these problems. Please consider staying at our hotel again in the future so you can experience the terrific service you should always expect from us, every visit.

Hotel Management

Reviewed 23 September 2017

I can see where this hotel would not be everyone's cup of tea. I picked it because I don't like staying in the casino hotels in Reno and the usual chain motels were ridiculously expensive. I also prefer not to stay downtown. So I picked a hotel that looked easy to get into and out of and was in a convenient location for my activities.

It is definitely a basic place. Functional. My room had a small kitchen (big frig!). Minimal amenities (e.g., one mini-bottle of shampoo but that's it -- not even hand lotion). I saw one person complain that the kitchen didn't come with pots and pans and such, but there was a sign up that you could request a large variety of kitchen utensils, pans, dishes, and so on. I did not take advantage of that. Also, don't plan on a nice continental breakfast: it was more of a coffee & granola bar grab-and-run.

So why such a high rating? I guess because the price was good, the parking was plentiful, it was so simple checking in and out, very little traffic in the area, and it was quite quiet (I was on the third floor). Also, the receptionist (Mary?) won my heart when I arrived late and she willingly came out the parking lot with me to help me solve a small problem with my car, and then later helped me when I was having wi-fi log-in problems. (Once logged in, the wi-fi was great.)

Don't come here for luxury, but I would return. Only complaint: my room smelled like cigarette smoke. I didn't complain because I'm not allergic, but I know I had to sign when checking in that I would not smoke in the room, so I'm assuming it was a non-smoking room. Of course, once in the room for a while, I didn't notice the smell.

Room tip: The third (top) floor was wonderfully quiet.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Thank you for being our guest. It’s a pleasure knowing we exceeded all your expectations and you had a comfortable stay and loved the excellent service we offered. I will surely share your compliments with Mary for a job well-done. We hope to see you again soon at Extended Stay America.

Hotel Management

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

I decided to make a reservation here to have a quiet place to stay and Anna keep the kitchen to make my own food for a week stay in Reno position is conveniently located on the 10 minutes driving from a centre it's pretty good if you want to explore Lake Tahoe or discovered a CD without staying in a crowded place or too much close to the city centre unfortunately I didn't have a good experience we close the kitchen provided was completely empty practically unless they advertise a fully equipped kitchenette in the website reservation form, you need to book in advance every single frying pan or fork spoon and knife to make basic food or cook a couple of eggs. It took more than 24 h to get a basic equipment for the kitchen and we had to throw away a dinner bought at wholefoods because it was impossible to cook.
Definitely not worth the price

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

Valerio, thank you for your visit to our hotel and for your review. We are committed to offering all our guests an exceptional stay, and we apologize that we did not do so for your visit. Your comments will be shared with the team, and we will take the appropriate steps to prevent these issues from happening again. We regret the inconvenience caused and hope to have the opportunity to make a much better impression on a future stay.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

Reno Extended stay was a great experience, the staff makes this place worth staying. They are freaking awesome! However just a few warnings... the internet sucks, the driers can not dry at times and breakfast isn't anything worth even mentioning. The hotel does not offer much to do as far as pools or anything else for the steep price you pay even weekly.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Thank you for choosing to stay at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows. We are pleased to know you were impressed with our courteous associates and that your overall stay was good. That being said, I am sorry for the inconvenience you experienced and have taken note of your concerns. We hope you will come and see us again the next time you are in this area.

Reviewed 7 June 2017

This is a no-frills hotel; continental breakfast; clean; not terribly expensive; coupons for discounts. non-smoking, so the rooms are fine. Come with a kitchenette so if you are staying for a while, this helps to keep costs in check.

Room tip: Don't expect opulence and you will do well.
Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

Patricia, thank you for sharing your experience at Extended Stay America - Reno - South Meadows. We are pleased to read you not only enjoyed our convenient location and your room but also found us to be a good value. We appreciate you being our guest and hope to see you again in the future.