See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I stayed at the Hutchings Motel for a few nights over two weeks, I had the same room both times I stayed. I stayed 2 nights the first week and 3 nights the following week. The room was clean, a bit small, and had a small (very small) fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and TV. My room was near the road, and I had some light traffic noise, but nothing I couldn't deal with. I expected a little more for the price I had to pay, but it was the least expensive option in Pioche. I assume the high price was due to the limited amount of people that come through the area and actually rent a room, but I still find it a little high. I'd say $30-$35 would be top dollar for the room. My stays in Caliente cost me less and I got more, maybe I just got spoiled over there and now expect the same. Anyway, it's not a bad place, and as I said, the least expensive. I'd stay again if I had to work in the area.

Room Tip: Don't expect a huge room, and try to get something away from the road.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Shawn V
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I'm very surprised at the previous reviewer as i was there the same time and could'nt fault the place!.
The location was great, just a minutes walk to the "million dollar" courthouse and five minutes to main street. I was in room 5 by the road but at night you hear no noise.
The room was cleaner than many big chain motels, with tv, microwave, coffeemaker and fridge.
There's a little area outside where you can sit (and watch a deer strolling around!) ,just a really pleasant place which i'd highly reccomend.
If you want to check out Pioche's museum and courthouse be there by 3 pm as they both close then.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 March 2013

We stayed here with our two dogs for just one night on a cross-country trip last fall. The hotel management were very friendly and accommodating with our late-night arrival. The 'cabin-style' room was smallish but not uncomfortably so, clean and comfortable, and with two beds, microwave and fridge it had all we needed. Nice and quiet - we had a great night's sleep. Good area behind the motel to walk dogs, and had we had more time to explore, it looked like there were plenty more walking/hiking choices nearby. We didn't have time to explore Pioche before heading out the next morning, but it has a great-looking old west downtown, with a few restaurants, bars and other shops. It seems Pioche would be a fun place to stay and explore for a couple days.

If we come back to Pioche, we'd surely stay at the Hutchings again. It is my favorite type of motel: clean, affordable, basic, friendly, independently-owned and dog-friendly!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynne A
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Needed to stay in the Pioche area in early December and was told to check the Hutchings Motel out, but when I called in November was told that they are closed until April :(
Wish I could have stayed here, as the reviews are good and the price seemed reasonable.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MDEnce
Reviewed 4 July 2012

We have stayed at the Hutchings Motel for several years now and just love it. It is located within walking distance to restaurants, grocery store and the great antique stores in Pioche. Over the recent years the motel has only improved with the addition of refrigerators, microwaves and wifi. Right across the street is a great trail for walking, riding atv's or dirtbikes into the pine trees that seems to go forever. It is pet friendly and my dogs love the daily walks in the woods we get to enjoy. Once there, you virtually don't need to drive unless you want to enjoy all the area has to offer outside of town.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family