“Nice place to stay at a great value in Pioche”
Review of Hutchings Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pioche
Hutchings Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Pioche
Reviewed 21 March 2013

We stayed here with our two dogs for just one night on a cross-country trip last fall. The hotel management were very friendly and accommodating with our late-night arrival. The 'cabin-style' room was smallish but not uncomfortably so, clean and comfortable, and with two beds, microwave and fridge it had all we needed. Nice and quiet - we had a great night's sleep. Good area behind the motel to walk dogs, and had we had more time to explore, it looked like there were plenty more walking/hiking choices nearby. We didn't have time to explore Pioche before heading out the next morning, but it has a great-looking old west downtown, with a few restaurants, bars and other shops. It seems Pioche would be a fun place to stay and explore for a couple days.

If we come back to Pioche, we'd surely stay at the Hutchings again. It is my favorite type of motel: clean, affordable, basic, friendly, independently-owned and dog-friendly!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynne A

Reviewed 27 November 2012

Needed to stay in the Pioche area in early December and was told to check the Hutchings Motel out, but when I called in November was told that they are closed until April :(
Wish I could have stayed here, as the reviews are good and the price seemed reasonable.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MDEnce
Reviewed 4 July 2012

We have stayed at the Hutchings Motel for several years now and just love it. It is located within walking distance to restaurants, grocery store and the great antique stores in Pioche. Over the recent years the motel has only improved with the addition of refrigerators, microwaves and wifi. Right across the street is a great trail for walking, riding atv's or dirtbikes into the pine trees that seems to go forever. It is pet friendly and my dogs love the daily walks in the woods we get to enjoy. Once there, you virtually don't need to drive unless you want to enjoy all the area has to offer outside of town.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Meri S
Reviewed 30 May 2011

I'm a camper/outdoorsman type, so I am easily impressed by any hotel/motel accommodations, but I have to say the Hutchings Motel was very clean and provided all the necessities one would need. When I stayed there it was $50 a night, think it should have been around $30 a night, but it was Memorial Day weekend.
The cabin style room was exactly what one would and should expect to find in an old mining town such as Pioche, NV. The bed was very comfortable (much more so than many $200+ a night places I've stayed) it had a small fridge, microwave, and even satellite TV. My Verizon service allowed me to have cellular phone and computer access while in the room, although I didn't really care if it worked or not.
Overall my young daughter and I had a very peaceful and restful Memorial Day weekend thanks to the Hutchings Motel and the friendly people of Pioche, NV. Thank you all.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank ddubya3

Been to Hutchings Motel? Share your experiences!