The Royal Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Lovelock B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 December 2011

this was the second time staying at the royal inn in lovelock. this time, i had car troubles while headed home for the thanksgiving holiday. i explained my situation to roop, the owner, and immediately, he hands me his car keys and tells me which restaurants are good in town. it was very cold that night (20's and breezy) so i was very appreciative of his generosity. i was stuck in town for 4 nights waiting for my vehicle to be fixed. understanding that my trip had become very costly, roop did something else he did not need to do -- he gave me and my friend discounts on the room. lastly, roop had gotten a thanksgiving dinner for travelers who would be away from their families on thanksgiving and shared with the dozen or so people staying at his place. these events really made the best of my unfortunate situation. thank you roop, for all your concern and generosity.

Room Tip: if you are not happy with something in your stay, i am 100% sure the owner will do everything in hi...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank epic_shift

Reviewed 15 March 2011

After many long hours driving we decided it would be safer to stop and drove into Lovelock Nevada. We had a look at the local hotels and decided on staying at the Royal Inn. It was very late at night and obviously we had disturbed the sleep of the disheveled man at reception. When he saw we had our dog in the truck he pointed out that for an extra $10 she could sleep in the room with us, as it was a cold night I decided to pay bringing the cost of the room to $69.95 + tax, a lot I thought for such a small hotel but I just wanted to sleep so that was fine.
The man told my husband one room number but then changed it when I said Id pay and bring in our pet dog. Now with pet rooms you are expecting it to be a very slightly lower quality than other rooms, usually they have a slightly disinfectant smell because they clean the carpets etc more often this one however was just awful. The room was just grotty, chipped counter tops, awful bedding and the bathroom was disgusting. The toilet was nice and clean but everything else was dirty, stained and well below what you would expect. The towels were thin, shelves dusty and dirty, the bath came complete with a nice black ring around it, the shower curtain was just useless and the piece de resistance was the hole in the ceiling over the shower, right above where you would stand. The hole was covered in black mold and had water dripping from it. The walls had some very odd staining, the mind boggles to what it was and I wasn't going to examine it too closely to find out. They supplied a bar of soap which is little more than rendered fat, no suds, no scent and it falls to pieces in your hand. Thank goodness we had our own with us. When we turned on the water in the bath the tub started to fill with rust after a while it ran clean enough and we decided to brave it to have a hot shower the one and only redeeming thing about this experience was there was sufficient hot water for two showers.
The breakfast consisted of a few pre packed cakes, one apple with a hole in it and some soda and coffee. You sign a disclaimer when you check in that tells you they dont give refunds... I wonder why they need you to sign that? Next time I think we will just keep on driving and I suggest you do the same there isnt much to love about lovelock.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Gypsy_Lorna
Reviewed 23 November 2010

We stayed for two nights. The large room was clean and the linens and towels fresh. The manager went out of his way to make sure that the propane grill has fuel and was ready to use. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2010

What can i say? Room was big and comfortable. There was a kitchen with fridge, microwave and all the stuff you need. Everything was clean and fresh. I hear that someone eles took tle place one month ago, the guy was very kind and he showed me a room befoire i booked it.
And what is important for me - there is free wifi in the room :)

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank nataliacicha
Reviewed 22 September 2010

I don't know what You want from this inn, it was verry good, room was big and clean . There was a kitchen , fridge and microvawe. I think that You might be from the rival inns! In the office u can find fresh coffee and muffins for your breakfast. Owner was very nice, I'd like to stay there again!

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank acd86

Been to The Royal Inn? Share your experiences!