“"What must of been a Nice Resort Rapidly moving to just another vegas style Resort"”

Avi Resort & Casino
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Reviewed 22 October 2017

Still a nice family oriented Resort, nice rooms and pools though pools get crowded with unsupervised kids Running around, My big concern is the poor ventilation specially in the rooms, and this is a problem all casinos have, Location is nice and cool the Beach Tower hallways was 68f does not have to be this cool though most people would appreciate it, the fact is that the same most people would exchange a few degrees for more changes of air per minute if they knew the benefit. If you care for views book in The Beach Tower

Room Tip: For the view The Beach Tower but it comes with the smoke stinch
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Doug S, Manager at Avi Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Thanks Leo.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,639)

Reviewed 21 October 2017

Can't really fault this place for the price paid. Very old style place with large out dated rooms and fittings. The whole property smells of smoke. Large pool area. Very cold pool. Clean enough. Good value seafood buffet. Poor bars. We just stopped for one night on trip from Palm Springs to Vegas. That was enough.

Stayed: October 2017

Hugh, everything you mentioned in your post is already being addressed. Room remodels are under way, the the AC units are being replaced tomorrow. This should make drastic improvements to the property.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Well we were suppose to head home from Laughlin but we stop at the Avi for quick gamble before we left. But unfortunately, our friends convinced us to stay another night. So we went to the front desk, waited in line forever on a Monday afternoon. They are slow and have no personality. Got our room walked down the ice box hallaway with dirty carpets, just disgusting. Got to my room checked my sheets , seemed to be clean. Next stop the bathroom, flipped open the toilet seat and what do I see? Blood on the seat , why me??! I was to tired to change rooms with a sprained ankle so I called house keeping to clean this mess thank goodness is was just for a night. They did come with in minutes but the maid never used gloves to clean that mess. Just Gross. But whatever its not my body. I will never stay here again or gamble. The Avi got me. But never again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for a night and were pleased with everything. The room was extremely spacious and clean. The casino offered plenty of choices when it came to slot machines, and there was a decent bad playing in the bar! We'll definitely be back.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

ABQvolcanogirl, we are happy you had a pleasant stay.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Great spot! I had a lot of fun at the pool, beach on the river, movie theater, and sports book. The seafood buffet was way better than I expected and was a great surprise. Next time I come back I would like to try the golf course and maybe some jet skis. I was excited for the poker room which ened up being the only disappointment of our stay. They didn't have any tournaments or no-limit cash games. Saw security giving some guys a hard time for recreational smoking outside maybe a goid idea to carve out somewhere for that it's a big beautiful property with plenty of space. If they had two poker tournaments a day I would make this my first choice when coming to Laughlin and is the only reason I'm not giving 5 stars. Cheers!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
17.7 km away
15.7 km away
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin

Been to Avi Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!