7,875 results
All reviews tournament of kings food court luxor and mandalay bay johnny rockets new york new york other hotels m life trip to vegas strip view casino nicks uber walkway las gambling slots monorail
Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

After booking and paying online, was very upset to be told on checking in that we needed to pay an additional daily hotel fee. Luckily we were upgraded to a newly renovated room, free of charge. Room was nice but nothing exceptional.
Hotel is in relatively good location on strip. Handy tram access to Luxor and Mandalay Bay hotels. Range of options in food court. Tried buffet once and was just okay. Didn't use pool as was too busy but that seems like it may be the norm in Vegas.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank scisste19
MGM_Resorts, Manager at Excalibur Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2016

Dear Scarlett S:

We appreciate you providing your review of Excalibur. It sounds like you enjoyed our convenient monorail access, handy Strip location, and well kept room accommodations. We do regret any confusion regarding our resort fee program, however. We value your business and hope you will make us a part of your future travel plans.

Reviewed 19 June 2016

When crusty Tropicana kicked us out (no reason, we wanted to stay 3 nights and we were rejected)I knew I couldn't settle for child's play behavior anymore, that's when I realized I deserved the royalty treatment... That's when I discovered the castle. And boy... Did we make the right choice;) I just loved the atmosphere! Memories were created<3 it was like I was 18 all over again! Life was good. I love you castle. There was friendly staff, and I liked how fast checking out was. There was so much to do at just ONE hotel. It was a fast stay... But I wish it was longer. Excalibur is definitely the hotel I'll be returning to next time in Vegas!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear junko0919:

Thank you for giving us the chance to meet and exceed your expectations. It sounds like you found our welcoming atmosphere, friendly service, and diverse array of fun things to see and do quite remarkable, indeed! We appreciate your recommendation, and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

We paid an extra $10 for 'newly renovated.' Maybe newly renovated in 1982. The room was laughable with it's metal toggle switches and headboard lamps. It could have been retro except these were all original fixtures with plating worn through and all the plastic yellow to a brighter shade of brown. They charge a $26 resort fee for free WiFi and say it with a straight face. $10 to go to the pool!

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank John B

Dear John B:

It is regrettable that your assigned accommodations proved unsatisfactory to your needs. Thank you for offering your impressions. We value your insights and will certainly consider them as we work to further enhance our performance. We hope for the chance to better meet your needs in the future.

Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for my friends 50th birthday.
Prior to staying I tried to contact the hotel on 3 occasions with no success.
As we were arriving early in the morning we booked the night before to ensure we could go straight into our room however after walking through a smoke filled casino to the check in counter things went downhill.
The first staff member was very unhappy and told us that our booking was cancelled as we didn't turn up last night.
I had to ask for a manager as then we were told our room type was full and we would have to pay extra.
The manager on duty was very helpful and sorted this for us however we did have to pay extra which we shouldn't have had to.
They did not even acknowledge my friends 50th birthday.
The room itself was fine but even being on a non smoking level the smell was still in the air.
Having Starbucks at the hotel was convenient but it was always busy too.
The one time we visited the pool we struggled getting two lounges together.
Location is about the only good thing this hotel has going for it.
I would suggest going elsewhere.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Linda R

Dear Linda R:

It is disheartening to know your recent visit to Excalibur proved unworthy of your recommendation. We regret the complications you had at hotel registration, as well as the trouble you had at our pool getting loungers. We apologize for these miscues and will certainly work to better our efforts in the future.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

I had to wait 30 minutes for the check in. There was a bed smell when I have entered the hotel but in my room the bad smell was less.
The hotel is really old, but the price was very good, so i can not complain a lot :)
The WIFI was free but the final day the WIFI in the room was not working.
We have called the reception at 9am and they told us that they had people working to fix it and it will be fix anytime soon.
Well, until the next day there was no WIFI. Talk about efficiency.
On our next visit to Las Vegas, we will stay in a hotel closer to the strip.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Michalakis-cy:

We regret the registration service delays and complications you had with the in-room Wi-Fi. It is clear these miscues caused you inconvenience and we apologize. We value your business and will work to better address these issues moving forward. We hope you will give us the chance to leave you with a more favorable lasting impression of Excalibur in the future.