13,105 results
All reviews club tower paradise tower beach cafe pool area other hotels south end of the strip new york new york close to the airport long walk food court great pool mandalay bay casino floor self parking slot machines strip view bungalow
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Hilton needs to tighten the customer service on this hotel. The front reception acted as if we were bothering her when we checked in. Then she was more interested in speaking with my husband than answering the questions I had for her.

Conferences are apparently more important than Hilton guests and since conferences are held at the hotel regularly, be prepared to be treated as second rate.

I’m sure the very nature of Vegas brings about all kinds of patrons, but not all of us are looking to stiff the hotel or swindle them out of something. A couple of times, I had the distinct impression that I was being suspected of getting ready to steal or some other wrong activity. I surely witnessed a “conference patron” take items from the standalone store and walked away as if the stand was meant for his personal use, but hey, I’m the “suspicious Hilton guest”.

It’s nearly winter in Vegas. The AC is the walkways and halls can be turned down a bit. I hated walking from the main entrance back to our room. It was colder inside than outside.

We were in the older Club Tower. The room itself was clean, but dark. The mattress was not comfortable and the pillows were really thin and lumpy. I had to turn off the air because cool air was being pushed out, not heat, even when the thermostat said heat. It’s cold at night in Vegas now. Heat is needed.

No refrigerators in the rooms. You could probably blast the AC and keep things chilled.

Two bottles of water your entire stay. Not per night. Your. entire. stay. In fairness, paying for everything is a Vegas hotel thing and not unique to Tropicana.

I liked the painting in my room and the art by the elevator. They reminded me of my time in Havana and I wanted them. No, this lowly Hilton guest did not steal them either.

The breakfast buffet was good. We enjoyed the omelet chef. Nice spread, but pricy. You cannot take any food out with you if you are dining in. Only the buffet-to-go gets containers and they are not seated, so they must leave after getting their food.

Definitely not what we had hoped, but decent for the group rate we received. However, next time we will stay at a different property on the Strip.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank LilMsFox
TLVGuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you, LilMsFox, for your feedback regarding the Tropicana. We apologize for any unintended service shortfalls that may have occurred during your visit. This is certainly not the standard that we set for our team. Nor is it the experience we would want any of our guests to have. Our team prides themselves in being able to provide every guest with a positive memorable experience. We understand that you were not able to experience us at our best. In our efforts to further address your concerns, these comments have been shared with our Hotel Ops team. Should you make the choice, our team would value having the opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next stay.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Food & Beverage Director should be fired. The staffing is so poor (too few employees in every eating venue) that is was a serious wait for every restaurant in this hotel. Bacio for breakfast--at least a 45-minute wait every morning (but there was a whole section of tables in the outside area which was never opened for the hotel guests standing in line). Robert Irvine's Public House---long wait for food even though some days had few guests in the restaurant--need more wait staff. Food Court--same situation--long lines, minimal staff to take care of customers.Breakfast buffet--worst coffee int he whole world and most of the hot food was cold. Why can't you open this restaurant at 6 a.m. for those catching a plane?
I must add that my husband is a Diamond Hilton Honors Member so we ARE LOYAL TO THE BRAND. This is NOT your typical Hilton Hotel. The way we were treated by Moses in the Diamond check-in lounge was demeaning. No guest should ever be treated this way, no matter what. For example, we told him that we would be checking out a day earlier than what was on our reservation and he said he would change it. He did not. When we checked out, the original dates were still in our file. So much for service! Hire someone who actually cares about their job please! These are just a few examples of overlooked details which make or break the entire stay. At $250 per night, you can stay anywhere on the Strip!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank yoshiegirl

Thank you, Yoshiegirl, for your feedback on the Tropicana. We apologize for the unintended service shortfalls that may have occurred during your visit. In our efforts to continue to improve, your comments will be shared with both our Hotel Ops and Dining Team. We understand that you were not able to experience us at our best. We certainly hope to be provided the opportunity to make this right in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stay at the Tropicana Double Tree so I can be away from the crowds at the Trade Show hotel. I like the rooms the hotel overall and the quietness of the hall ways late at night as there is not a lot of loud people wandering the hall ways

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank John W

John, we appreciate your review of the Tropicana. We are pleased to hear you had a relaxing visit. Our team hopes to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Last time stayed in the Bellagio, this time tried somewhere new, a little out of it but a lovely hotel. Not too many places for breakfast or good food. Swimming area is lovely and the staff are all really friendly. ok nothing too special for Vegas.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you, JoleneBrian, for your feedback. As we value any opportunity to improve. We will keep your comments in mind for the future. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I just tried if i got a real promos. To try is to believe. I had 3 nights free with $100 food comps and free plays. No other casinos offer such promotions. In the strip heart of Vegas no resort fees for the hotel, no valet or self parking fees. Everything they offered are very real and the best in the whole Vegas and California offers. I just hoped they include the tournaments and higher free play to start and less deposits.
The food is a little pricy to use the dining comps but most of the foods are great. The chinese i recommend the honey walnut shrimps, the deli the burgers are fine. $3 candy bars but if you can lower some of the prices it'll be perfect. Only one glitch the dining credit didn't show but they fixed it at checkout time. Thanks to the hotel clerk and her supervisor. I can't wait to come back but please next time give me a room near the casino. Everyone should come and try this new but a veteran, one of the original casino at the the strip.
Thanks to all the staff.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

CHARRY D, we appreciate you sharing your feedback regarding the Tropicana. Glad to hear you found your Marquee Rewards offer beneficial and enjoyable. During your next stay we would be more than happy to accommodate your room request. As these are granted on the basis of availability, and provide with the necessary upgrade fees. You can always call in advance to book this room type, or inquire about any additional room offers we have. We do appreciate you making the choice to stay with us. Our team looks forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.