The hotel is OK, we knew going in that it wasn't going to be as nice as the previous hotels we had stayed in but because of the reviews on trip advisor we thought we'd give it a try. The hotel does smell like coconuts but we didn't think it was too bad and after awhile you don't notice it anymore. The hotel is not as upgraded as they make it out to be though.
We were put in the Club Tower which is a long walk to the casino, restaurants and reception but not too bad. The room was clean though it had a musty smell to it and was very humid. We turned the air conditioning up thinking this might help but it didn't. We eventually noticed that the windows would open a crack so we would open the windows when we left for the evening and it was better when we got back. The bed wasn't very comfortable and the shutters for blinds didn't do a great job of keeping light out.
Not much selection for food 1 restaurant, a pizza place and a Starbucks but you can walk to the Excalibur and there is a McDonald's, Pizza Hut, Quiznos etc. Room service took FOREVER, we were told 30-40 minutes and it ended up being an hour and 15 mins and that's probably because we phoned wanted to know where our food was. That being said the breakfast we had was very good, expensive but good and it was hot when it arrived.
The casino is small compared to the other hotels on the strip but we never had a problem finding a machine to play. Their promotion the "first $200 on us" is not exactly what you will think. They only count the money you spend on the day you sign up for your card (so sign up early in the morning and plan to do your gambling there for the day) and you have to have your card checked by 11:59 pm that day to qualify. If you qualify they will give you 1/2 the money you spent back on your card to use now (up to $100) and the other 1/2 isn't available for a month and only good for a year. If you were planning to gamble anyway it's not bad because at least you get half your losses back right away but not quite what they make it out to be.
Trying to buy tickets for the show was EXTREMELY painful as their printers were down and they kept telling us to come back and we'd come back and they would have sold some tickets but couldn't help us yet. Finally after the 3rd attempt we got someone to put a hold on our tickets until they got their system working. Another issue was the fact that as the lady who was trying to sell us the tickets was helping us she would be constantly be picking up the phone and dealing with the phone as well. Even though it was a huge ordeal to get tickets, we would highly recommend the Recycled Percussion!!! Being a hotel guest you can purchase a general admission but upgrade to a VIP for $11. We sat in a VIP booth and would recommend that seating though any seat would be good for the show because it's not a big theater. We were in the VIP booths directly behind the 2 rows of VIP tables and think we had a better seat then the tables.
Overall the hotel was OK but we don't think we'd stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prepare to be surprised. The Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton redefines the expectations of today's global travelers with a casually elegant experience on the Las Vegas Strip and a convenient location just minutes from the airport, major convention centers and top entertainment stadiums. With a unique South Beach vibe after a $200 million complete transformation, the hotel features all-new rooms, suites and luxury villas that evoke the sentiment of a breezy beach house or penthouse in Miami, a fresh redesign of the 50,000-square-foot casino, several award-winning restaurants, a new race and sports book, and Glow(R), a Mandara Spa and fitness center. Top entertainment includes Laugh Factory comedy club and live music in the Tropicana Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and TravelUp so you can book your Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Tropicana Resort Las Vegas
- Tropicana Hotel Las Vegas
- Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel