19,179 results
All reviews monte carlo food court monaco suite wave pool lazy river pool area free tram the blue man group spa suite other hotels new york new york strip view m life great location on the strip high floor mc casino
Reviewed 20 December 2008

Staying at Monte Carlo having breakfast , picked up my coffee cup & the bottom of the cup "popped off" Hot coffee in my lap....ouch. Not even an "Oh my, we're sorry" Even had to pay the breakfast bill. Vegas hospitality...Cheap Monty Carlo...I'll never be back to that casino again! But love Vegas. We're there twice a year from Pittsburgh, Pa. Here's another story...My wife was the first person through the door at the grand opening of the Monte Carlo. We waited all through the night at the door with seemingly thousands of the curious who had what could be compared to a fun "tail gate" party. When the doors opened and tthe stampede began, my wife squeezed in first. They took her picture...never even asked her name. Never heard from them about it....the first customer in the casino!

2  Thank allenberry99
Reviewed 16 December 2008

I had looked forward to this visit. I had never stayed at the Monte Carlo before and it was a good location on the strip. From the pictures online, I could tell they had the 1980s quilted bedspread, but I looked past it. When we arrived, they put us in a non-smoking room with two queen beds. We thought, as long as it is non-smoking, it is fine with us. We have a queen bed at home, so we didn't see a problem. The carpet seemed newer, a big plus. There were no immediately visible gross elements to the room.

When it was time to go to bed, however, it was a whole different story- The most awful offense, in my opinion, was that the sheets on the matress were not fitted. So, when you un-made the bed and pulled the top sheet back, you un-did the bottom sheet as well. Any movement in the bed pulled up the sheet covering the matress and bunched up the thin (the size of a full matress blanket) matress pad underneath the unfitted bottom sheet. The matress was uncomfortable and we tossed and turned all night. I woke up at one point and the sheet had shifted so much, half of my body was on exposed matress. I was seriously grossed out. We called the next day to ask for fitted sheets and they said they did not have any in the hotel. They answered as if it was not the first time they had heard this request.

I do not believe those matresses were standard queen matresses. We did not have the same room we normally do at home.

Noise seemed to carry especially well in this hotel. We were on the 21st floor, but could hear people revving their engines in the parking garage. Every noise the neighbors made came clearly through the wall, as I am sure our noise did as well. When the water was turned on in our bathroom, it sounded like a dental drill. When the water was turned on in a neighboring bathroom, it sounded like it was in our bathroom.

Finally, the towels were stained and tired. It was clear they had been bleached and were clean, but many were discolored and all semblance of softness was lost.

The positives- other than the sleeping arangements, the room was livable. It was decent sized. The closet had many hangers. The toiletries provided were actually quite nice. The service was friendly, though they didn't seem to go out of their way to be accommodating.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Tellmehowtosayit
Reviewed 16 December 2008

I've stayed at the Monte Carlo many times. I like the fact that I can get in and out without any problems. I know where everything is at and what to expect. The place is low key and mellow, it is showing it's age but who isn't? The rooms are modest, but adequate. You can get some really great rates, for the location - you can't really beat it. I like vegas when its warm. Otherwise if it's cold and rainy it can pretty miz. There is construction on almost all sides of the MC. One morning I woke up to hear drilling, and it was on the floor above me. I was kinda pist, but so was everyone else. I called the front counter and I could hear a lot of complaints. I thought they should of done it from around 12 noon - 5 pm or so. Morning? IN VEGAS?! . The lady at the counter seemed like she was under some stress and was a bit off. All in all, if you want a place for the location - the MC is the place. If you want lux - then this is not the place. But is comfortable and decent. I didn't win much at the slots. I always get the chicken won-ton with noodles at Dragon Noodle. I also don't ever recall being mistaken for a working girl at the MC. which is nice when I'm just trying to relax, have a smoke and a drink or two. Play a few bucks worth of slots - so what if its 3 am. Also I did make everyone check the bed for any bugs, because of a previous warning -- we found none in any of our 3 rooms. My mom liked her room service food, I didn't like mine - and it took a while, but it was Thanksgiving. Room services is a pretty good deal actually - when you compare prices and comfort.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
3  Thank JuneauAlaskaJoAnn
Reviewed 15 December 2008

I just recently came back from my first trip to Vegas. I wouldn’t consider my trip the typical “Vegas Trip” seeing that I was there for work related purposes. I stayed at the Monte Carlo and I would recommend this hotel to others in the near future if they don’t mind looking past a few things. First of all, the construction is rather bad right now. The City Center going up next to the MC is a huge undertaking and the construction crews are working almost around the clock. I like to think I am a rather deep sleeper but even I couldn’t sleep through their construction noise. Every morning at 6:00 AM the construction crews start and you will probably hear every rivet being put into place. If I was coming back to my room at 5:00 AM and I tried to go to sleep with the sound of jackhammers outside my window I would be less that happy to say the least.

Something else about the MC that I couldn’t help but notice was the ‘aging’ it seemed to have. The casino seems to be a little outdated and was almost never busy like some of the others. I also thought the casino had a strange ‘old lady’ smell going on. Laugh all you want but if you have been there you might know what I’m talking about. Their air system at the MC probably cannot hold up to the amount of smoke being taken in so they resort to a brain-numbing scent to try and cover up the smell of Misty cigarettes.

The food court in the hotel is pricy and dated. A colleague of mine said he paid $7 for ice cream cone and I spent $12 for some bad Chinese food all within the food court. Unless you are there to pick up a coffee at Starbucks or an Egg McMuffin from McD’s, go out for food.

One major plus to the hotel was the location. For the price (broke down to $65 a night) you cannot beat the location. You are on the strip and within walking distance to all of the major hotels/casinos and right next to a CVS if you need to pick up anything you forgot.

One last suggestion is to visit Freemont Street during your trip. The Golden Nugget has an amazing pool that words cannot describe (think Shark Tank and Water Slide).

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
4  Thank Indytraveler83
Reviewed 7 December 2008

Recently stayed at the Monte Carlo (Dec 1st - Dec 5th). Arrived about 9:30 pm. Staff very friendly, no complaints there. I asked for a room away from the construction side and was sent to a room on the 17th floor. Upon arrival in room found beds that were rumpled, water bottle by bed, went into bathroom to find used soap and hand towels. Called front desk they told me they would "upgrade" us to a Strip view room. Our new room was identical in size and layout to our first room just on the 28th floor with a view of the Strip. First comment --- the room is just plain "tired and worn." The bedding is scuzzy with piling on the polyester bedspreads. The desk and tv cabinet are old and chipped and the lighting is horrible!!! I felt like a troll in a dungeon! The bathroom is decent size but the the whole room made me feel as though I was in a Motel 6. The walls are paper thin and we could hear everything in the room next to us. Thankfully there wasn't much late night noise. It was almost frightening to look out the window on the 28th floor and see how "thin" the walls actually are. The windows are pretty cheap as well. The casino is okay. The food in the restaurants was above average and reasonably priced and all the employees were very friendly which was a nice bonus. I would definitely say for the money the South Point is a much much nicer property and would stay there again but prefer accommodations more along the lines of Mandalay Bay, etc. I would avoid this hotel until they renovate it.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple