19,179 results
All reviews monte carlo food court monaco suite wave pool lazy river pool area free tram the blue man group spa suite other hotels new york new york strip view m life great location on the strip high floor mc casino
Reviewed 3 January 2013

We checked in Jan 31 2013 for 2 nights. It is basically run like two different hotels. Below the 17th floor, you will have complaints about the room conditions and amenities. The floors above are much nicer and basically you get what you pay for. We stayed in a Deluxe Room on a higher floor and it was very nice. The only a couple of complaints:

1. No mini-frig provided in the Deluxe rooms. Even cheaper hotels provide these!! 2. The daily "Resort Fee" of $20. is a rip off. It provides an Ethernet wire connection which current notebooks and iPads cannot accommodate. I brought my wall plug-in to insert the Ethernet wire and make my ipad wireless ... didn't work. No "useable" Internet during my stay. Pool was closed for winter so the Resort Fee was unfair. They should tack it on to the room rate so you have a realistic room price.

Be sure to check in as early as you can and use the Express checkout card. The lines to ck in/out r extremely long!

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Lynette R
Reviewed 3 January 2013

I visit Las Vegas quite often, and know that I can count on the Monte Carlo for clean rooms at a reasonable price and friendly staff. The location is great as it is walking distance to various hotels.

This visit, which was on New Year's Day, however, had a long wait to check in (about 20 minutes) which was unusual. I expect this was because of the holiday. The gaming tables were also very busy. My game of choice is Pai Gow and despite the crowd, there were only two tables open which were filled. So we ended up going elsewhere to gamble.

All in all, a comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hydee R
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Went back to our ol' standby in Vegas. This time we took my Mother, and had a reservation for 2 separate rooms. First the bad: Check in was absolutely atrocious this time. It had never taken this long and we were seriously baffled why there would not be a sense or urgency to get people moving. (Don't you want them spending money????) We arrived on a Tuesday morning at 10:30 AM and it took a full 90 minutes to complete the check in and get to the elevator. That was very, very frustrating.

Additionally - make sure if you have any special offers from MC - you are prepared to show them and best in writing. I always get a little frustrated when it seems like I understand the hotel's comp system and offers better than their own employees. Oh well - in the end it got settled.

The rooms were just fine and we had the requested connecting door, so that made it easy for my Mother. We always request a room away from the pool (due to the loud DJ noise) and that usually leaves us with a view of the parking structure and the freeway, but that is OK by us. We ate at several of the restaurants and overall it was a good experience, except for breakfast one morning at the Cafe. Not sure if all the waitstaff was sick that day or on break, but it took a looooooong time to get anything served. Thankfully we were not in a giant rush.

The Players desk supervisor was one of the rudest people ever and I was quite shocked to have been treated so poorly. Other than that, we were treated nicely by the staff. The resort fee is getting very steep and the refill of the coffee and water, etc. was not consistent, i.e. we would get one and not the other every day. When mentioned upon checkout, we were given the standard "sorry about that". Overall we will come back, but please fix the check in system! One line for all and get a little quicker please! :-)

Room Tip: Do not take a room with view over the pool if you ever want to take a mid-day nap, etc. The music gets extremely loud.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank jayisgerman
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Every time that I check in the hotel I have to go to check the room first because some times I dont have the room that I request,I always pay for deluxe room street view and some times I get parking view or somewhere else but not the street and I have to go back to the front desk,get on line 15 or 20 min to ask for a diferent room,Im sure you can take care of this on the future,I just want to let you know,thanks

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2013

We always stay at the Monte Carlo! It is smaller but friendlier and the rooms are comfrotable. When we travel with our kids they love the pool and I love the smaller casino that is not crowded and full of smoke! Right in the middle ofthe action and easy to get to!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business