“Decent if You Get a Great Rate”

Monte Carlo Resort & Casino
Ranked #117 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We have stayed here twice, mostly because of great rates offered through MLife Players Club. The casino is decent, the rooms adequate albeit in need of bathroom remodeling, and the staff helpful. It is near NYNY on the strip and you can walk to several casinos from this property. Parking is good as is freeway access. We tend to casino hop in Vegas and I wouldn't stay here intending to play here full time at the casino. Nice thing is that it is not overly crowded and might suit an older less rambunctious crowd than the nearby casinos which tend to attract the 21 - 25 crowd on the prowl. If you get a good rate it's a viable option.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tee1000

Reviewed 6 March 2012

I love going to Las Vegas but have not stayed in the Monte Carlo for over a year. The front desk service person who checked us in was awesome (I really wish I could remember her name to thank her!) She gained the resort an extra half star in my opinion. The property is starting to show its age, the rooms were average but they really could use a complete make over. The casino area is also average, on the plus side there were plenty of (obviously) slot machines and video poker/blackjack. Once the show lets out the noise and music really ramps up for about an hour, so be prepared.... The cafeteria was a huge disappointment, we used to love the food there and truly looked forward to it. Last year and this you can tell that there is new management/owners??? Bottom line was that the food was too expensive for what it was, if it did not have a captive audience of hotel guests- it would probably go out of business.

Room Tip: During spring break definitely avoid a room overlooking the pool if you want some "quiet time&q...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2012

My wife and I just spent a week at the Monte Carlo. Overall our stay was good but we had enough little problems that it became annoying.

We originally booked a Monaco Suite and requested a strip view. When we arrived there were no high floor strip view rooms available so they offered a 3rd floor Monaco Suite instead. I was not willing to accept this so they offered a mountain view on the 22nd floor but said they would call the next day when a strip view opened up so we could move. O.K. fine one night I could live with. After a few trips back and forth to the front desk for key cards that would not work we finnaly got settled in. The mountain view was actually a view of the freeway and In N Out Burger! Not what I had in mind for a Vegas view but waited patiently for the call to be moved to a better room. 24 hours later still no call so back to the front desk again to stand in the long lines waiting to see what the deal was. Apparently nothing opened up so they just decided to not even bother calling us. I told them I was not too happy with how things have been going so far and requested an upgrade to a better room. After the front desk talked to manager they offered to put us in a Spa Suite on the 24th floor with a Strip View. Finally we could relax and enjoy our stay!!

The Spa Suite we stayed in was incredible and much better than the Monaco Suite we were in the first night. The Spa Suite we were in looked to be recently updated and was in great shape. (I posted photos in the pic section) We loved the view and sitting in the spa overlooking the strip lights was awesome. The shower was tiled, enclosed in glass and very huge. We also had a nice bar area with sink along with a stereo, refrigerator, and coffee maker. Everything we needed except for maybe a microwave.

Pros....

Great value for what you get in a room.

Location is perfect and in the middle of all of main action on the strip.

Beds and pillows are by far the most comfortable I have ever had in a motel room.

We didn't gamble much but loved the casino. Not so large like some of the others and not so smoky. Although there is a strong smell of perfume which did not bother me.

The place is very clean and organized.

Everybody we dealt with that worked there was extremely friendly and helpful.

Had free WIFI everywhere on the property. (part of resort fee I assume)

There was a wide range of food options on the property. Subway, McDonalds, Sbaro Pizza, Starbucks and a few others if you want cheaper options. We thought the buffet was pretty good for the price, the Cafe was excellent. Heard good things about Diablo's Cantina, Brand Steakhouse and Dragon Noodle Chinese restaurant but didn't get a chance to eat there.

Avis car rental desk onsite. Was very easy to rent a car for a day if you choose.

Cons...

Our 3rd night there after a very late night we were woken up from a dead sleep very early in the morning by what sounded like a hammer pounding on the wall above our bed and shortly after very loud speaking in spanish and very excessive noise from the next room. Contacted front desk and they apologized after telling us workers were replacing carpet in that room. I stressed my displeasure with this and made it very clear I was not happy. They offered to remove my resort fee for 2 nights which I accepted since workers were done that same day anyway.

Walls are very thin especially if you have an adjoining door the the next room.
The last two nights of our stay a family with at least one very young child moved into that same room. The kid was constantly screaming and the adults had to be the noisiest most inconsiderate people I have ever heard. Absolutely no respect for others. Never could understand why people bring young children to Vegas. Good thing we had a stereo in the room to drown them out. At this point we only had one more night so I didn't bother to complain since they were quiet after 10:00 P.M.

Avoid d.vino for Italian food. We ate there our first night there. Spent $60 for two and were not pleased with the quality. Spaghetti was the worst I ever had. Chicken Parmesan was very dry.

Other than a few problems we actually really enjoyed our stay. I know that sounded like way too many problems but they were more than willing to work with us to compensate us in some way. These are the details they need to improve on and if they do it will make this a much better place to stay. I thought the price I paid was excellent compared to others nearby considering the location but will more than likely look elswhere in the future unless they offer me a really good deal to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dewey500
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Service poor, staff in casino very rude, 12 day stay, only light in ceiling didn't work, remote control for TV didn't work, and didn't get fixed at all in 12 days even after several complaints!!!!!, bed linen didn't get changed in 12 days, apparently you had to request that. Bath drained very slowly, so showers had to be quick before bath overflowed. If you can get this hotel VERY cheap then its worth your stay because it has a great location, if not go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Rooms facing carpark are noisy till 10pm because of rollercoaster in New York New York
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Grace N
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Stayed 2 nights. Public areas were clean and fairly well maintained. Room was clean. However, several items needed maintenance. Bulb out in the bathroom, bathroom sink drained slowly. Guess housekeeping doesn't talk to maintenance! Beds were fine, Internet was useable, etc. Service at the desk and restaurants were fine.
Frankly, not a bad stay. The property is looking a little dated but it was less crowded than some of the larger/newer casinos on the strip. For the price, I thought it was fine.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business