“Roachland run by liars”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sportsman's Royal Manor
Ranked #233 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Absolute worst place to stay in Las Vegas. It looks clean from the outside and at a reasonable price looks like corporate housing but every unit is absolutely infested with roaches. I tried complaining to the front desk but the "manager" ( an accent that sounded like "the Sopranos") threatened me with immediate eviction and the loss of all my personal possessions. In between telling me of the corporation's paid $500 an hour lawyer (one wonders if they could do with a $450 dollar an hour lawyer in exchange for some pest control) and telling me I was on camera and whining about the possibility of me tape recording him (I did and it is a riot!) the manager starting repeating "Shaq! , Shaq! Shaq" over and over again. This must be some ghetto thing because I never did figure it out. The facility is roach infested through and through and other multiple staff, residents and guests admitted as much AFTER I had checked in and was unable to make other arrangements. Do yourself a favor and AVOID this "facility".

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
24  Thank R M

Reviewed 27 January 2011

Im in and out of vegas on a regular basis and have found the strip botels to be over priced and pretentious at times. So i started looking for a place to stay that was more affordable and a lot mor friendly. What i found was the Sportsmans Royal Manor! The rooms are "vintage" to say the least but they are comfortable and surprisingly clean. What sold me on the place was the customer service. I checked in late in the evening and the clerk was all smiles and very informative. On the third day I went to the office to inqire about extending my stay and was introduced to the general manager, Josh, who was accomidating and helpful! This place is more like a family owed business and less like the corporate crap I have been subject to in the past...which is just what i was looking for. The decor is funky and fun (the place looks like a castle) and each time I have returned I am greeted by the same friendly staff and they remember me! Try finding that at a strip property. Overall this palace is a thumbs up!

• Stayed: January 2011
20  Thank Vegasonceamonth
Reviewed 27 February 2010

we rented a one bedroom there at the ROYAL MANOR HOTEL for 4 weeks and had a very bad experienced at this hotel
The place was ok when we got in and the next day, here are the cochroaches marching in to say welcome to roachland.
We called the office to take care of it and said that they will send someone to spray some roach killer. We waited and waited and waited
guest what, nobody showed up. so by the end of 4 weeks, the apt. that we're waiting to occupy was already available and ready for move-in
so we told the front desk at the ROYAL MANOR HOTEL that we are checking out the next day. we ask what time is the check out time, they told us 11:00am
we ask for just 1 hour extension to the manager and she responded so rudely and said no. I guest they dont wanna loose renters for that stinky dump
and full of bugs and thugs walking around at night asking for cigarettes. We just didn't have a choice because town & country manor were full that time and we need to check in asap are way better than
ROYAL MANOR HOTEL on 5600 boulder hiway in LAS VEGAS NV.. staffs are rude, specially the manager, no manners and they'll just hung up on you if you're trying to complain that if
something is broken in that room that need to be fix. They won't even give any courtesy to extend some time to haul your stuff. I've told the next door rooms about it and they said the reason why they're doing that is they'want you to go over the check out time and charge you for one day or they want to lock you out and get all your belongings and sell it..Overall I'm rating this place and giving them a zero (0 ). I wouldn't even recommend this place to anybody. this is a fact

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
15  Thank angelica1214
Reviewed 29 August 2009

I have read some of the other reviews. All I can say is that I don't know how this place is allowed to stay operating. First day...our unit had dirty filthy carpet so bad, it blackened the bottom of our feet when we took our shoes off and walked on it...reported it but it was never cleaned.

Bug bites on my body...mal-functioning air conditioner which they took forever to look at. And even then, it was never fixed properly...and of course, roaches.

Over crowed rooms with an access of people. Children running, yelling and screaminbg up and down the walkways until almost 11:00 p.m.

Spas are empty and not working. If you tell the office staff, you get that blank stare as if you're speaking a foreign language. I asked to speak to the manager...was told she was in a meeting...was told that she would call me. She never did. Oh, and there are no REFUNDS! It's not worth saving a few bucks. Like they say, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
12  Thank AWVirginia
Reviewed 9 April 2008

Good monthly rate but they charge a service fee every time you pay, non-refundable cleaning fee, late and other service fees. Paper thin walls for easy complaints. Next to fire station so sirens blast through the night.
Did not tell me about monthly rate after paying the weekly rate six times which wasted more money. Lots of transients.
Better than most for located on Boulder Hwy.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank stodjd