5,804 results
All reviewswave poolmandalay baylazy riverhouse of bluesfoundation roomshark reefmichael jackson showpool areafree tramconvention centerin room coffeesouth end of the stripmini bargreat resortm lifeother hotelsseparate shower
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights in Mandalay. There was a little hickup with our reservation. The receptionist was super nice and upgraded us into a suite as a surprise.

The suite was in 61st floor and very spacious. The view over nighttime Vegas was stunning. The suite had everything you could wish for: many rooms, jacuzzi, kitchen etc.

Pool area was huge with lots of variety. Very tidy, lots of services and simply excellent. We spend hours there on many days.

We also visited other casino hotels like Excalibur and Luxor. In our opinion the Mandalay was much more high stardard than those. And more suitable to families with children.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2018

Trip Report: Mandalay Bay Wednesday, 5/23 to Saturday, 5/26.

Summary: I will probably not stay at Mandalay Bay again, although it was not horrible.

As a caveat, I usually stay at the MGM Grand when I go to Las Vegas; this was the first MGM hotel I have stayed at besides the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. I realize Mandalay Bay might be for some people, but it is definitely not for me.

Mandalay Bay Customer Service: Almost all of the Guest Relations-type employees seemed completely apathetic towards their jobs. I know one of the things some hotel workers are considering striking over is the increase in use of technology instead of workers. I would prefer technology over people who seem like they wish they were anywhere else besides work. The mobile check in gals didn’t even acknowledge me when I walked up to the desk. After I said something, they acted like I was bothering them. I think one of them looked at me for a total of a half of a second during check in. Neither of them smiled. Most of the employees when I called with questions before and during my trip were the same way, they seemed bothered.

However, there was one that I called the day before my trip to ask about incidental holds. He was awesome and told me, “We can’t wait to see you tomorrow, Ms. Messick!” before getting off of the phone with me. That was awesome and that’s the type of feel-good that technology can’t replace.

Mandalay Bay drink service: Soooooo much better than the MGM Grand. There was almost always someone by asking if I needed a drink for the most part. The gal that was bringing me drinks my first night there was super friendly, too.

Friday night near the end of the night when I was just playing penny slots by the bar though, no one came by, but I guess I kind of expected that. Also, at the first bar in the casino area (across from Citizen’s), I asked if they give free drinks if I sit and play the tabletop machine at the bar. The bartender stated yes, but that I would have to put in $20 and play at least $1 per spin. No thanks. Lol.

Mandalay Bay standard two queen room: The curtains, carpet, and wood paneling behind the TV are all dated. The bathroom was awesome; there is a “toilet closet,” a glass encased shower, and a stand-alone bathtub. I loved the bathtub but someone older and/or with limited mobility may not like it since it is a pretty high step to get into. I feel like the rooms are a bit overpriced when you take into account the total cost (resort fees plus rate) considering that they do have things that are pretty dated.

The rooms are very easy to hear through. This wasn’t a problem for me because when my loud neighbors were in their room, I was getting ready to go out, but as I was getting ready, I could hear every single word they were saying of a very private conversation. It felt kind of weird to be able to hear their conversation so clearly, even when I was in the bathroom mirror area.

Mandalay Bay tram: The tram is awesome and free. One takes you to Luxor and Excalibur and another takes you to Excalibur, then The Park (I think), then another stop (I forgot what it was). It was great that the tram was there because I did not really like the Mandalay Bay casino (besides the drink service).

Mandalay Bay casino: This is one of the main reasons I likely won’t ever stay at MB again unless it was completely (including resort fees) comp’ed: their casino vibe just seemed so depressing and bland when compared to the others that I have visited. I noticed a lot of players looked just kind of depressed and not like they were having fun. The main thing that kills their vibe is the music they play on the floor. They play adult contemporary songs about things like breakups and discovering yourself, for example, Dave Matthews “Where are you going.” I also heard Kelly Clarkston’s “Catch My Breath,” numerous times. There were a lot of Kelly Clarkston-type songs and frankly, when I am on vacation I don’t want to be reminded of past breakups or reflecting on where my life is headed. Probably the most upbeat song was when they played, “Uptown Girl” by Billy Joel. Maybe they are trying to appeal to a certain crowd but if they are trying to appeal to certain age groups, why not play some classic rock like Steppenwolf, the Allman Brothers Band, etc? The music they played just seemed so depressing for a casino and actually seemed sad when you saw people gambling to this easy-listening type music. Bad tempo. The other four casinos I visited during my trip; Excalibur, Luxor, New York New York, and MGM Grand all had upbeat, happy music by contrast.

Mandalay Bay vibe in general: The people on the floor of the casino and in common areas were not as friendly and outgoing as people who stay at the MGM Grand or anywhere else I visited, I don’t know if this is always the vibe of the place, or if MB just attracts certain people, but I definitely noticed people were not as outgoing.

Mandalay Bay buffet: I loved the buffet and my drink server was so quick and friendly. I was hesitant about leaving a tip at check-in, since I don’t know what type of service I will get, but I was very happy with my service. My only complaints would be that the fried chicken and beef with broccoli were dry, but at a buffet that is to be expected since the heat lamps continue to cook things.

Mandalay Bay room service: Room service was very quick, the employee was super friendly, and the Raspberry Salad was huge and amazing!

Would I stay at Mandalay Bay again? If I got my room completely free (including resort fee), then maybe. I don’t have the time and don’t like to board my dog to only have a mediocre stay. Nothing terrible happened, but I didn’t like that when I called guest services before and during my trip, and when I checked in, most workers did not seem happy. And I HATED the vibe on the floor. Walk to the tram; hear depressing music. Try to have fun playing the slots; hear depressing music. Try to people watch; hear depressing music. I really think the music affected the mood of a lot of people there (or MB just attracts a certain crowd) because a lot of the people on the floor seemed like they were on tranquilizers compared to every other casino I visited. Most of them did not seem happy or upbeat and I walked around the floor quite a bit late at night once I was done gambling my budget. If a person participates in any vices, I feel it is smart to do so at your “home base,” which is why I wouldn’t just stay here again but avoid the floor.

Excalibur: Walked through a bunch. Grimey and smokey, normal Excalibur lol.

Luxor: I went here Wednesday and Thursday for the Reels of Luxor tournament. Happy employees, great gal that works the tournament. I would not buy the extra entry for 50K loyalty points on MyVegas, though. A timeshare person almost got me on Thursday, she complimented my dress as I was leaving the tournament and asked if I wanted to see a free show. I just thought she was a promoter so I said yes. She then took me to a desk where another gal tried to get me to pay her money and commit to going to a presentation the next day. I got out of that quick. The Luxor seems really clean and spacious. If I was looking for a cheaper option on the strip, I would pick the Luxor.

New York New York: Busy casino, a little smokey and grimey but a tad better than Excalibur. Very friendly, outgoing Persian slot manager on the night I played the most. I talked to him for a bit.

MGM Grand: Where I should have stayed. Upbeat, friendly, happy vibe. I congratulated this Dutch woman when she won a Minor on a neighboring machine. Later I came back to that group of machines and she was standing by them talking to someone. I asked her if she was done with her machine and she said she was and told me how it was a good machine for her. She also came back and gave me $20 to use on the machine. Haha. That was a first. There were more people dressed nicely here than any other casino I visited, which is fun. I like seeing men wearing their sport coats and women in dresses or a bit more dressed up than normal.

mLife stuff: I wrote about this in another post but on my first night, an mLife employee told me that I could not combine my $25 and $50 MyVegas FREEPLAY unless I stayed 5 consecutive nights. This is not correct, it clearly states in the terms that to combine more than one FREEPLAY you just need to stay three nights. I booked three nights instead of two just so I could combine them. The other employee at the mLife desk also agreed with him. I figured I’d wait until the morning and try again. I tried again in the morning and had no problem loading the other FREEPLAY with a different mLfe employee.

At New York New York, I was told I just needed 100 mLife points earned at any MGM property within a 24 hour period to play in their daily slot tournament. When I called another time to find out about the cutoff time, a different mLife employee told me all 100 mlife points for the proceeding 24 hour period had to be earned solely at New York NewYork in order to play in the tournament.

All in all, it was an okay trip. It wasn’t bad, but I am kind of an introvert and keep to myself for the most part, so I enjoy staying on the Strip because you meet so many new people and it feels so “alive,” so it really makes me feel energized. However, staying at the Mandalay Bay was not “energizing,” it has a way different vibe than the other hotel casinos I have visited on the Strip. Nothing terrible happened, but I don’t think I will stay at Mandalay Bay again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with MGM Resorts International
MGM_Resorts, Manager at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Dear kellyannam2018:

Thank you for offering your very detailed perspectives on Mandalay Bay. We are certainly glad our cocktail team provided you with timely service, and that you found our accommodations mostly pleasant, despite some noise concerns. However, we apologize for the otherwise tepid guest service you received. Your thoughts regarding the ambient music played in our casinos is also most insightful. We are grateful for the chance to host your experiences, but are anxious to better your opinions of our resort moving ahead. We value such poignant feedback and hope you will consider giving our resort the chance to meet your needs more effectively, the next time your travels return you to Las Vegas.

Seth L:

Guest Relations Specialist
Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino
MGM Resorts International
guests@mandalaybay.com

Reviewed 26 May 2018

We checked in very late in the evening, they were kind enough to upgrade us to an executive suite. Everything was perfect, it's a beautiful hotel. We enjoyed the lazy river, and had fun gambling. Very nice people work there,
would absolutely recommend!

Only issue would be with the coffee situation, seems like no hotels in Vegas have a coffee pot and free coffee in the room. Such a simple thing for customers comfort, people want coffee before they get showered and dressed, and don't want to pay 5 bucks for a k-cup or go to the Starbucks in the lobby. But that seems to be the case at every hotel.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Spent three nights at Mandalay Bay with my husband and had a great time. First time at Mandalay, but not first time staying on the strip. Mobile check-in was easy and had us in our room at 2pm. Room was spacious, clean with a nice view of the strip. The bed was comfy and the bathroom large enough for two people to get ready at the same time. Safe is convenient and easy to use, and after reading reviews we stayed the heck away from the refrigerator!

Hotel layout was easy to navigate. Pool, spa, Uber easy to get to from room elevators. Lots of choices for restaurants, staff were consistently friendly and helpful. Housekeeping was great.

Casino had good variety in both games and prices. Staff at the video poker bar was attentive. However, the bar doesn’t open until 11am which is inconvenient for early risers. The music leaves something to be desired, especially in the mornings. It’s clear that the playlist stays on repeat! Still had lots of fun gambling.

Overall, fabulous mid-tier resort on the strip. Highly suggest joining M Life! Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2018

Mandalay Bay is a nice resort with a nice beach area. Have good selection of restaurants and shops. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. There are plenty of shows to see. Room is nice. We got a view of the pool area, which is awesome.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple