“Best Hotel on Fremont”

Ranked #88 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Calgary
“Best Hotel on Fremont”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

This was our second stay at The Nugget. Rooms are nice and large and clean. Staff is great. Really nice restaurants, especially The Grotto

It's great staying on Fremont as opposed to the Strip because there's no 10 mile hike from one hotel to the other. Fremont is very busy at night so there's always somthing to do and people watching is at it's best on Fremont.

We stayed in a regular room and it was fine. Beds are super comfortable. I can't think of anything negative to say. Had a wonderful time.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HellerbCalgary

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,815)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
SurreyBritish Columbia,Canada
Reviewed 24 February 2012

To start off with we had to line up for 3 and 1/2 hrs. to check in as their computors were down. We had stayed there in july the past year and the same thing happened. Attendents put other people in front of us in the line and when we all complained they just shrugged it off. We were not compensated for our long wait and stress. Were given coffee in our room for the 1st day and after that we had to pay if we wanted it. All other hotels give it free. We were given tickets to a country show that was an accident waiting to happen. When we got up the escelator we found that there was no room to get off escelator, so we literally fell into people. They would not open the doors to the theater which would have eliminated this problem. We went to the buffet for breakfast and they had run out of waffles. I asked them to make some more and they said they were out. Who runs out of stuff at a buffet. The whole area was so disorganized. People lined up for the egg station that didn't want it but had to stay in the line. Our coffee was cold by the time we got back to our table.When we checked out after 4 nights they tried to charge us for a breakfast we never had in the cafe. All they had to do was match the signatures and see that it wasn't ours. We were very dissappointed as we enjoy staying on freemont st.

Room Tip: End rooms are quieter
2 Thank Myrac805
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Stayed 2/20 - 2/23 (Only because they had charged ALL night up front- by mistake?) Checked In with the rudest Front Desk cleark I have ever dealt with. Stayed in the new Rush Tower $160 for a Corner Suite on a weekday - supposed to be VIP, the room was nice but $10 for in room coffee from a Keurig and styrofoam cups with "handi-pac" sugar? $8 for a bottled water? Extra charge for Internet? The hotel did its best about every 5 hours or so to make our stay a living nightmare (Maids knocking on your door @ 8AM to see if they can clean your room - Construction @ 6AM that sounds like a truck is running into the building over and over again - Hotel computer systems crashing every 3 hours so no one knows whats going on with room charges (At this time I have been charged for 5 nights and only stayed there 3 - no one seems to be able to fix it) - When I asked to speak to a manager I was told he was very busy and would not come to the Rush Tower - When I demanded to speak to a manager I was told I would have to go to the other side of the property to the Main registration area as thats where their offices are - I went over there and the manager still refused to come out - I could see why EVERYONE in that lobby was angry - NEVER - EVER - EVER again !!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay anywhere but here !!!!!
7 Thank Christopher W
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 24 February 2012

When we go to Vegas we always prefer to stay downtown. Love the Fremont experience - light show, rock bands, easy to walk in and out of casinos AND we win more downtown than we do on the strip.

Stayed in the Rush Tower. Very nice rooms - like the double sinks, and fairly spacious. While many strip hotels charge a "resort fee" the Nugget goes not BUT we had to pay $10.00 if we want coffee in our room using the little one cup canisters. Would rather have good coffee from Starbucks. Fitness Center was $20.00 a day. We chose to walk Fremont and get exercise for free.

There were hardly any plugs for appliances in the rooms. With two cell phones, IPODS, Kindle, etc they need to update this so that items can be easily plugged in. I just bring an extension cord where ever I go since some hotels still don't have enough plugs.

The biggest issue we had with the hotel was the noise factor. The rooms must be made of paper. We were awakened at 3:00 AM by our neighbors playing loud music and singing at the top of their lungs. Now....yes this is Vegas and we were out and got home late too but did not choose to sing and play music for all to hear...so why don't the hotels have better soundproofing in the rooms since they know this will be happening on a daily basis. We decided to put up with this for about 45 minutes hoping that the neighbors would fall asleep or pass out but no luck. Finally at 3:45 am I decided to call the front desk only to be told all operators were busy and I was number 3 on hold. I held for 15 minutes and finally just left a message. Their message says they will call back. At 4 AM I pounded on the wall loudly twice and it worked.....silence after that. No call back ever from the front desk and no one ever to answer the phone...what if it was an emergency?????

At check out I was charged an extra $90.00 by mistake on my bill. If I hadn't looked it over carefully and kept my original reservation booking, I would have had to pay this. As it turned out, I was told they switched over to a new computer system and the price had incorrectly transferred over. I was given a $90.00 credit back to my credit card but haven't seen it yet so hopefully I won't have to fight this one out with them as it was their mistake.

However, even with these issues, I still feel this is the best hotel to stay at downtown. Service is generally good. Nice bars and entertainment. Free parking. Nice budget rent a car in the hotel making it very easy to rent a car for heading out to see the sights. Just keep an eye on your final bill and bring earplugs if you are not a heavy sleeper.

1 Thank TravelNut70
West Bay, Grand Cayman

Good Stuff First:
Hotel is clean & reasonably affordable. Nice pool area for children.

Bad Stuff:
I paid extra for a suite and for VIP check-in because the regular check-in area is almost always packed. Well I spent 30 minutes to check in in the VIP area. Then I was given a handicapped room.

Being 6'3", I wanted more than 1 short sink and a closet curtain rod that was more than 4 feet off the ground. I spent more than an hour being bounced around on the phone. Never got to a human that could help.

On the first morning, I managed to talk to a manager by phone who told me they'd get me another room and to check in at VIP that afternoon.

After waiting 30 minutes in the VIP line with no movement, I gave up. Tried to get a manager on the phone for the rest of the trip with no luck. If you ask for a manager's voice mail, they send you to a line that never answers. They never bothered to call back to see if I was happy. I won't stay there again.

Room Tip: Unless you require it, be sure they don't give you a handicapped room.
2 Thank Bill D