If you’re reading this you’re looking for an inexpensive hotel downtown, which is why I stayed here. So going into it I had low expectations based on the number of stars and reviews. I was surprised at how well the room looked for being an old hotel. Yes the layout, walls, and bathroom fixtures are old. But so much was done to make everything more modern and remodeled with new furniture, nice drapes, flat screen tv, Keurig coffee maker with starbucks, comfy bed, etc. Those things really made it not seem like a good value for a place to stay on a budget! One negative thing that appeared to be with my room (and appears to be one of the few) is that it didn’t really have a window that looked out to anything but at the side of the building just a few feet away. But I wasn’t in the room much and wasn’t staying at the room for a view. Given pricing of some other hotels, if this one cost less as it did when I stayed, I’d definitely consider staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Accurately billed as Las Vegas' "Most Historic Hotel," the Golden Gate has stood the test of time and then some. Since opening as the Hotel Nevada in 1906, this modest and cozy corner establishment has stood placidly at One Fremont Street while the town -- and the world -- changed around it. Most notably, the Fremont Street Experience was built right outside its door. Very little has changed to compromise the hotel's old school charm in the intervening years, although the Golden Gate has made improvements and modernized. The hotel remains proudly dwarfed by its neighbors, at just 106 rooms. The rooms themselves, on the other hand, have been updated and include modern amenities like flat screen televisions and iHome clock radios. The casino is just as active as opening day -- and just as intimate -- although now its boasts Dealer Dancers from 6 p.m. to 2 a.m. nightly. Its shrimp cocktail -- widely acknowledged as the first ever served in Las Vegas -- is as popular as the day it was introduced. Even as Las Vegas builds toward the heavens, the Golden Gate keeps close to the ground, rooted in its rich and wildly successful history. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Golden Gate Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Gate Hotel And Casino
- Golden Gate Hotel Las Vegas
- Golden Gate Las Vegas
- Golden Gate Hotel & Casino Las Vegas