“Very nice place to stay”

Four Queens Hotel and Casino
Ranked #105 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 27 April 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Four Queens from 4-23-12 until 4-27-12. The staff was very nice, we requested a room that didn't face Fremont St. because of the noise at night and they gave us nice quite room. The room was very nice and very clean. My wife and I will stay there again in our future travels to Fremont St.

Room Tip: Rooms facing south are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JimandSuki_11
Write a ReviewReviews (2,495)

Reviewed 25 April 2012

Four Queens is located in the old section of Vegas, far from the Strip, but the area suited my traveling companions, both in price and ambiance. I read a lot of reviews prior to booking this hotel so knew to ask for a room high in the tower on the back side to minimize noise. This request was accommodated and worked well for quiet.

So the pros: Staff were very helpful and accommodating. The room was small, bathroom very small, but clean and rennovated. There are lots of things to do in the "Freemont Experience" area, several casinos and good restaurants, and a party every night without alot of walking. City buses are there every 12 minutes to and from the strip (3 day pass $20).

The Cons: When we called about amenities we were told we could use the pool at the neighboring casino, Binions. Although it is the end of April with record setting heat (upper 90's), once we arrived we were told the pool was still closed for the season. We were told we could use the pool at the Nugget for $20. Since this was the number one thing on our list to do, we were very disappointed. Secondly: The casinos are old and do not have good ventilation systems. Prepare to smoke several packs a day just by sitting at the slots or walking through the lobby. Better health-wise to take a bus to the Strip and gamble at the newer casinos.

Room Tip: South side of tower, high up as you can get.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank bettysbest
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We checked in to the Four Queens on Friday, April 6. Our flight was early morning so we had a few hours to kill before check-in time (3 PM). After putzing around, we dropped by the lobby and asked if a room was ready. We were told to check back around 12:30-1:00 PM and could probably get a room at that point. At 1:30 we did get assigned a room and went upstairs to drop off our luggage and get in a quick nap. Unfortunately, our room was still being cleaned from the previous guests. The maid looked confused that we were there already. We were allowed to leave our bags in the closet and to come back in about 20 minutes. After half an hour we went back and our room was ready. So we were in our room around 2:30, half an hour before the designated check-in time. We took our nap and took advantage of the book of coupons they gave us. Buy one get one free at the Magnolia Restaurant was a good deal, though the fried chicken I got was in such small pieces I'm still wondering if I actually ate fried pigeon! LOL
We had a late night and had to check out the next morning, so I didn't want to be disturbed for room repairs. I did report these problems to the front desk when I checked out. The lamp above the left side of the bed blew out between the time we checked in and the next morning. The bathroom doorknob was coming off door so we couldn't completely shut the door without sealing ourselves in. Bad upkeep, Four Queens!
As with many of the casinos and hotels in Vegas - very, very smokey! If you're not a smoker, this is not the town for you. All our clothes had to be washed to get rid of the tobacco smell when we got back. Phew!
The room was clean, however, the TV was flat screen and the bed was comfortable. For less than 24 hours and for such a cheap rate (online deal was $36) I can't complain too much.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rendvs
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed at the 4 Queens from 4-15-12 to 4-20-12. The location of this hotel is perfect! I stayed on the 1st floor in the south tower which was perfect. The only complaints I have is that the pool was closed at Binions (4 Q does not have a pool) The weather was perfect and I would have enjoyed some sun bathing. The staff for the most part were friendly and curteous, I did have an issue with a bartender at the Chicago Brew pub. When he brought my order to my table he wasnt very nice and pretty much slammed my food down on my table. No smile, no nothing, just walked away. I was never asked if I wanted a drink refill either. Overall my stay was pleasant and I will stay at the Four Queens again!

Room Tip: Rooms in the south tower are a bit quieter from the freemont st music.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Had an amazing time at Four Queens. Great location. Casinos games were fun and there staff was always around and asking us if we needed anything to drink. Bloody Mary's were really good. Had a lil trouble when we arrived they couldn't find our reservation, someone had written our information wrong but within ten minutes they found it. On our first night near our hotel room, we heard a fight in another room, two men yelling at each other, it was very scary and intense, I for sure thought someone was about to die or something. I almost called security!!! Our room was clean and the view was not so great. Also, I did not like their restaurant Magnolias. Thought the food was bland and cheap.

• Stayed: April 2012