The Rita Suites
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Royal Resort(Las Vegas)
View Hotel
Las Vegas Marriott(Las Vegas)
View Hotel
Wynn Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
View Hotel
All reviewsconvention centerdesert innwalk in closetliving room and bedroomwalking distanceoff the stripyogurtfull kitchengreat place to staywynn hotelwould stay againsitting arearental carcoffee makerlv
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 December 2017

We booked this hotel because it was one of the cheapest and from the reviews, was a good walking distance to the strip. The distance is definitely convenient if you`re familiar with the area and if you run into somebody who ACTUALLY has heard of Rita Suites. My boyfriend and I spoke to a guy on the RTC and asked if he knew where Rita Suites was and he told us he has never heard of it. We then asked the valet staff at Encore because on the map, Rita Suites is located behind Encore and The Wynn. Both staff had no idea what it was or where it was located, they had to look it up onto the internet. When we asked if it was within walking distance, they said that it was too far for us to walk since that street was a one way and you couldn't walk on it because it had no sidewalk. So they called us a taxi. We checked in, asked the receptionist if we had to take a taxi back to the strip and he said no. So distance was convenient. You just have to ask those who actually know Rita Suites.

The room....isn`t amazing at all. Our room`s window was broken and the blinds were messed up. What really made me upset about this hotel is that, as my boyfriend and I returned back from the strip, there was a man in the hallway. We didn't`t think anything of it, he must be a guest just getting some fresh air. A couple of minutes after we got in, my boyfriend quietly motioned me to him and whispered to me that, that same man we saw outside was outside our door peeking in! We could see through the door hole! I was so scared so I called the front desk. The response the receptionist gave me made me so furious. I told him that there was a man peeking inside our room, his response, "Uhhh...peeking in? How?" How else does someone peek in?! After I explained the situation to him he carelessly proceeded to tell me, "If you guys "REALLY" feel THAT threatened, you should call the police. I`m in the middle of a check in right now.....I`ll come by later." REALLY?! He never came to check. I felt so unsafe and paranoid after that. And they leave the gate open! So anyone can come in if they wanted to! We paid about $1000 to stay in this hotel! For something as poor as this?! NEVER AGAIN. Do NOT! DO NOT book with this hotel. Not only that, but we got new towels and they had someone`s pubic hair on them! Disgusting. Pay a little extra for better service and security!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank mcsteffany
Reviewed 28 December 2017

The experience was great. The rooms were clean the people in the lobby greet you and help you out. The breakfast is good quality. They clean our rooms when it was necessary. Also the rooms are spacious.

Room Tip: Reserve in advance
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

The place was worn, dated and in need of updating. Bathroom fan was excessively noisy and plumbing banged every night. Breakfast was uninspiring and when we tried to order food at 8:45pm in the bar, we were told that it was too late. On the plus side, staff were pleasant and the room spacious.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John W
Reviewed 2 December 2017

First, do NOT book the hotel based on the picture in the thumbnail. That's hotel Encore in the background. I don't know if they do it on purpose but whenever I search for an image of the hotel, this one comes up. This is just the Rita Suites sign board with the Encore background. It's very misleading. So when we actually reached the hotel, we thought the driver made a mistake. We were expecting a 45 floor building, but were facing a 3-storeyed one.

The customer service is a mixed bag. A couple of them are downright rude. Some are very efficient even if they do not smile. And one girl actually listened to us, and guided us with solutions when our bags were stolen from the reception area - yes, that happened too!

The rooms were okay. The living rooms had really dirty couches, and dirty carpets. But the bedrooms were cleaner - mostly because after the two beds, there was not enough place for anything else. There is a small walk-in closet which I really liked. The bathroom was small, but for a couple of night's stay, it's manageable.

There was a swimming pool but nothing fancy. And the entire design of the hotel is claustrophobic and constrained. We kept running into people, or giving way to people everywhere!

The breakfast had very few options - bread, butter, cheese, waffles, fruits (only bananas and apples), tea, coffee, a couple of juice options. I am not sure if that's normal, but it was not enough for us.

The location is very good, by the way. It's a 7-minute walk to the strip. There was an Indian restaurant just 3 mins from the hotel.

I am not recommending this hotel if you want a Vegas experience. I later discovered that just for a few dollars more, you can stay in any of the casino hotels. I would definitely stay elsewhere on my next visit.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mahuya
Reviewed 20 November 2017

It's very near to the Strip and cheaper than anyone in that street. It has a complete breakfast. They offer you a bonus for eating and a drink. I didn't like they charge U$ 100 in the credit card as a guarantee, to be refunded later.

Room Tip: It's advisable to choose the third floor to avoid noise.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family