“Not my favorite”

Ranked #458 of 5,627 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: The Strip
Description: Drop in for a quick bite at a deli straight from Seventh Avenue in Midtown New York City. Enjoy East Coast favorites such as hearty breakfast items, sumptuous matzoh ball soup and the famous, overstuffed pastrami sandwich in this classic and fast casual setting right in the center of the Strip.
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were looking for a quick place to eat and decided on here. We each had a half sandwich as we saw how big they were. I had the chicken salad and she had the tuna salad. The waitress took our order and left, not returning for twenty minutes. When she did we asked for our order and she says, the cook went to the bathroom and everything was backed up. That’s not really the right thing to say. Anyway, she went and got the sandwiches. First thing, both were really dry. We only ate half and then just the insides of the sandwich. We don’t think we will ever return there as it was just moderate and pricey.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,263)

Reviewed 9 June 2018

We chose the Carnegie Deli at the Mirage before the Beatles Love show. This was a very convenient location to get a bite to eat before the show. You order at the counter, you seat yourself and your server will bring out your food. Be aware that the portions at this restaurant are HUGE. So be ready to eat half, take half or leave half. I recommend you tell the counter up front that you plan to split your order. They understand and do not mind at all. The sandwiches are 6 inches tall and filled with great deli meats. The plate of fries could serve four! So be warned! But be pleased with a great meal if you plan well. We split an order of a frittata and a potato knish. Splitting the meal was the right decision as we were able to finish the meal and were both really full. The server was friendly and the food was served fast. We were able to people watch at the open deli. Several celebrities have visited this restaurant and they have provided photos with their comments and signatures that line the wall. Fun place and good food!

Reviewed 8 June 2018

My wife and I had eaten at Carnegie's a number of years ago and figured it would be a good place. The food was still as good as ever, but what they have done with service is questionable. Your order is taken as you entre and delivered to your table that you have to fine yourself. This is not much different than any fast food establishment. However, on the bill presented, they have the audacity to suggest as much as a 23% tip be given. Sorry! TIPs are for service.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

What a blast from the past. Used to eat at the CD every time I went to NYC. Nothing like it, and was heartbroken when the place closed down. So naturally a visit to Vegas wouldn't be complete with a visit to my ole friend the Carnegie! It's in the Mirage. You line up outside and place your order/pay at the cashier who then gives you a number. you take a seat, and wait for your food to be delivered to your table. Won't kid ya, the prices are expensive, but when you consider that 2 people can eat off of 1 sandwich, then it becomes less costly. We had the traditional Reuben Sandwich ($26) with a side of potato pancakes ($13) with apple sauce & sour crème. My daughter had the hamburger which was very fresh and large enough that it did not require a side. The fudge cake ($9.50) was moist, chewy and full of chocolatey goodness. In short, the food was MAGICAL! I thought of the good ole days in NYC except when I opened my eyes, I was looking into a casino filled with slot machines (that's my only thing I didn't like), the atmosphere. Food was fab, and I would go back given the chance.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

Carnegie is always a winner for us! I’ve enjoyed the pastrami sandwich as well as the Woodie Allen (pastrami and corned beef) in previous trips and this time I had the chicken salad which was delightful. You want a true deli sandwich - this is the place!

Been to Carnegie Deli at the Mirage? Share your experiences!